England: 10 years to save the Lettuce

This is the quality of person Boris has working for him. And the one who resigned (which is being commented on) at least had standards as she resigned over Johnson’s comments on Stammer and Saville.

Edit: now four aides have resigned.

2 Likes

I suspect Boris has a cunning plan. The police will levy fines on party participants, up to a maximum of GBP20000, Boris and the other participants will pay their fines and claim the right to continue in their jobs. Problem gone, nothing to see in this anymore , lets make the UK great again chaps!

But I suspect Starmer is not going to drop this. Its the closest he ever got to any traction on anything, and like a dog with a bone, will not let go.

I reckon Boris is a dead man walking to the despatch box . He may as well save himself the GBP 20000

When it comes to accuracy in news about UK politics, I trust RTÉ more than any Brutish source.

1 Like

I almost feel sorry for Johnson.

Then again, he deserves everything he gets….

2 Likes

Satire, yet on the money. A summary of the current crisis.

3 Likes

Jonathan Pie has aged so much in the last two years.

The Queen done messed up

3 Likes

That’s a really fascinating thread. Well worth the read.

6 Likes

Boris needs all the help he can get. Is this Russian bots?

2 Likes

This is a regular occurrence with hot button right-wing issues. This exact same thing happened with the Amazon union drive and the Cuban protests last year.

1 Like

That newspaper front page is real….

I couldn’t get my head around the suitcase. The handle is on the bottom, so if it wasn’t correctly closed, all the papers would fall out when you carry it.

1 Like

All I can imagine from the headline are questions like:

On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to recommend “Downing St Lockdown Party” to your friends?

5 Likes

Well I thought that Boris would follow the Westminster Tradition by resigning.
However it seems his massive majority gives him the self belief that he is above all that.

He will pay the fined for the drinks parties and claim that’s the end of the matter.
Remember the expenses rorts scandal of 2009, a much much bigger scandal, some did resign, but not the PM at the time. However in the election of 2010 there was a change of government.

1 Like

Of course there is a huge difference. In 2010 the govt was Labor, with their supporters very aggrieved about Labor under Blair supporting a criminal war in Iraq. And with the Tories in now, they won’t be getting so much media backlash especially from the Murdoch media that areas much a pestilence there as here and the USA.

3 Likes

Its spot the ■■■■ for those not in Twitter

1 Like

What is **** for those who have to live with the US nanny filter?

you’re a country member alby.