England: 10 years to save the Lettuce

You know what the apologists say, “if you pay peanuts you get monkeys”. But they paid big bucks here and they got a peanut.

2 Likes

She served her purpose and then some. Total plant, in so many ways. Off she goes to a Greek island with a yacht and a few skint sailor boys

I know this is comparing apples to oranges but I don’t think I will get anywhere near even the per annum amount once I retire after 40yrs of working non-stop. Wow.

1 Like

Still has to live with the fact every time she looks in the mirror she sees the worst prime minister UK has ever had. That failure has to be pretty crushing!
The sniggers as she walks around will be very audible.

1 Like

Well unlike the last 6 or so UK PMs, this one really is already mega rich. Probably more “tory” than the rest of them.

The view from the subcontinent is that the English may have taken over India, but now India is taking over England. Sort of “flipped the script” for 2 years only, I suppose.

1 Like

lmao @ tories having principles

2 Likes

Posted it before, but a reminder of who they have replaced Truss with… here’s Sunak.

Seriously, it really sounds like it was scripted by Coogan, Iannucci or the Gibbons boys.

2 Likes

Yep, rich people are rich cos they’re super smart and work super hard.

2 Likes

Like anything thing in life there are some that do and some that don’t. A lot of luck involved too and being at the right place at the right time helps

1 Like

Some have observed that the reason the British were able to rule India for 300 years was because the British class system struck a chord with the caste system of the Indian regional rulers.

1 Like

Like any reasonably intelligent person I’m aware of the vast difference between people and their experiences. I was clearly referencing the line unintelligent people, often heirs of wealth or exploiters, like to push. I know quite a few wealthy people, they’re nice, hard working and only a little bit oblivious to stuff which is sometimes unavoidable when you’re sheilded by wealth from some realities. I know it’s touchy.

His parents were well educated professional East African Indians who migrated in the 60s when Kenya and Uganda were kicking them out.
He was educated at Stanford, married to the daughter of India’s equivalent of Bill Gates.
Not from the average families who emigrated from the sub continent.

1 Like
2 Likes

Being British born does resonate with plenty over there though. Boris the Yank whilst been liked always had his critics who felt he took too long to renounce his US citizenship.
It’s time to see if Rishi is up to to it or not and the famous “Time will tell” :rofl:

Am I the only one who feels sorry for Liz Truss? Yes she has damaged the British economy, yes I have enjoyed the jokes, but it is hard to remember a more public humiliation from such a height. You can tell me politics is a tough game but I hope her family rallies around her. Every day in public would be a challenge. Maybe she will get back some respect as a local MP but that could all be over at the next general election.

I get what you’re saying, but this disaster is almost entirely self-inflicted. She should never have been there in the first place.

4 Likes

I don’t feel sorry for her, it was all of her own making, but I don’t envy the humiliation she’ll have to put up with forever.

She’s set for life, she’ll be forgotten in a few months, her family is set for life and will adore her for enabling them to float even further above the horror that the masses will endure now and in the very near future, in large part because of her and her ilk. She’s an anonymous looking twat who did as her masters bade her and was fully cogniscent of the cost/benefit ratio, a pair of sunglasses in public and she could buy a loaf of bread daily with nary a snicker. Not that she ever has to shop for bread again.

1 Like

I doubt she’ll be forgotten, I think she genuinely believed she was doing the right thing rather than obeying any faceless illuminati but I take your sunglasses point. The money is nice but every time she meets someone it’s “I’m Liz Truss…” “oh”. Anyway based on responses I think I can confirm I’m the only one feeling sorry for her.

1 Like