England: 10 years to save the Lettuce

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Classic elite lefty.

So…not a sterling outcome.

4 Likes

Won’t just be the Euro they’ll have to cop.

If they leave and then want back in,. they’ll get pounded.

Nothing surer.

1 Like

It’ll feel like they’re back ■■■■■■■ at Eton and getting mercilessly rogered by prefects, masters and the rest.

But Rees-Mogg and Boris will probably enjoy that.

England will not give up the pound and nor should they.

1 Like

Apparently it’s all sorted now…

2 Likes

There’s no reason they’d have to.

Some people argue that staying with the pound while incorporating freedom of movement saw people from eastern Europe migrate for better exchange rate to send remittance home.

1 Like

This Septic swear filter is getting really ridiculous. “Fägging” (without the redundant diaresis) is struck out — but “rogered” is permitted.

Perhaps the perceived Euro threat to the continuance of school-boy rogering is the real reason why the English upper classes are demanding their Brexit ?

Which in no way forced them to leave the pound.

Or perhaps the over one million Polish flyin and flyout workers in UK, worked for wages that no British person would accept.

The real reason why they can build amazing homes on Grand Designs, for half the cost of that in Australia. And with triple glazing!!!

1 Like

That’s not how I see the figures in that show. I’ve always thought how fking expensive it was there, once you virtually double the numbers from the Pound to our dollar, (as has been the case at times since the show began), it was just outrageous.

A lot of that expense comes from having a fking architect design though,… which a lot are, … because Kev is an architect ( & doesn’t he let you know every chance he gets :roll_eyes: ) and then he waffles on & on about why you should have an architect involved when people don’t. Which is complete bollocks btw.

He’s a bit of a wanker at times.

1 Like

“At times”???

1 Like

All of them?

Just watched Blair deliver a very good, issue nailing speech on this, and the state of UK politics on the BBC.

If you’re interested in the subject, it would be well worth tracking down if you can.

Democracy does not work well when a nation is divided close to 50/50 on a major issue. The only way to resolve matters is for a very strong and decisive leader to emerge.

Don’t worry, either Boris will get it done by manipulating the rules, and sheer political cunning, or he will fall on his sword on 1/11/2019 and let someone else sort out the mess.

Seems Boris may be trying to purge his party of rebels.

Seems a dangerous move to me. 39% of Tories voted Remain in 2015, and even more may be against no-deal. If he deselects a bunch of rebels they may join the Lib Dems, and be strong chances of winning those seats anyway.

His path to victory in my mind at a general election is to only lose a handful of seats that are currently Tory and Remain, and pick up a number of the Labour Leave seats. Potentially handing a heap of seats to the Lib Dems seems to go against this approach.

Starts at 23 mins.

A really good article on no-deal Brexit:

It points out that no-deal is being sold to the public as certainty, and frankly a way to wrap up this mess and be done with it all within a couple of weeks or months. In reality, it doesn’t deal with half of the issues that the May deal has done (which is partly why it took two years to negotiate), and would just start the period of uncertainty. Which would have a number of bad ramifications.

It has some interesting comparisons to the thinking in the early 20th century as well. But it really excels at getting to the heart of some of the differences between Remain and Leavers, from an economic and philosophical point of view. Its also very well written spelling out why leaving has costs.

I’m not sure if he doesn’t heap a bit too little of the blame on the UK side of the scales though. But then, he is a Brexiter.

2 Likes