English Premier League 2018/19

Well done to city and Liverpool for the year. Looking forward to the upcoming finals.

3 Likes

Final table:

2 Likes

Can’t like it. Sorry, Smooth. One loss for the season. Am gutted. I may need a spell off Blitz for a bit.

Champions League to come. We had a super season. At the start of the season I didn’t think we would get close to City and yet we literally lost the title by 12mm. Amazing.

United losing to Cardiff is a fitting end to a horrid season and a very shity Weekend.

Auba shares the golden boot! I am really happy he is a Gunner. Shares it with Salah and Mane.

Pretty fair effort for two players from the same club to share the GB.

2 Likes

Luckily I have Essendon to look forward to…oh wait.

2 Likes

Well deserved by City, fought back hard when it all looked lost around Christmas time

Got to feel for Liverpool.
To walk away without anything this season after such a stellar season has got to be hard to swallow.

1 Like

I see what you did there Sammy

1 Like

Tee-hee

Haha, KM beat me to it by seconds.

Unlike you to be so confident that you’ll win CL final.

Think only once or twice a team has had more than 97 points (won the title) since the PL era started.

Also 3 times I think in the last 20-odd years that a team has been on top at Christmas and not one the title. Each time it has been liverpool.

Think the biggest lead they had was 8 points? The draws to Man U and Everton cost them big time.

10 but we had 2 games on city at that point.

Leicester and West Ham draws did it

After this years Champions League who can be confident in anything?

Early days was very confident of getting through our group stage when most around here didn’t give us the best of chances.
Even gave us a chance of getting the draw with Barcelona which was needed to get through.

Also if memory serves I wasn’t as downbeat as others about drawing City in the quarters.

Being 3-0 down on aggregate in a Champions league semi away from home can fray the confidence however.

I assume that result is similar to losing to Bournemouth or to West Ham at your new home in terms of confidence sapping :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Can’t win them all.
Our 2-1 loss at Anfield gives me hope.
We had big chances in that game and were the better team in the second half.

Didnt affect liverpool when they drew to mid-table teams

Have I mis-read this? This seems like banter, something sammy ALWAYS stays away from.

1 Like

City are deserved champions. Unlike Liverpool they were able to dispose of the mid table garbage sides like United :rofl:

1 Like