English Premier League 2018/19

That’s because any take over takes a while to be done. The bin zayad group said they were hoping for it to be done by the end of June.

But of course Ashley always ups the price last minute and throws people off from buying. But so far this is the furthest a potentional take over has come.

He is legit a cancer in that club.

1 Like

Mourinho one of the favourites to take over at Newcastle. Surely that is stupidity beyond even Mike Ashley.

Please don’t give that flog an in back into the premier league.

Mourinho would only do that if Ashley sold the club and they became the next Man City with endless cash to spend on players. There’s no way in hell he will go there under the current regime and with a lack of backing in the transfer market. Newcastle will be batting in the Mark Hughes/TonyPulis/Gary Monk/Steve Bruce bin.

2 Likes

Now Ashley Young can ■■■■ off!

Fair to say there’s more than a bit of rejoicing afoot.

Wan-Bissaka is a nice get, … incredibly talented young player.

Strange move by Wan-Bissaka. Why would you go from one midtable club to another?

6 Likes

Much of City’s and Liverpool’s success has come from their full-backs, so it’s not a surprise that Utd have done this.

Same reason players come to Essendon.
The trophy cabinet and big crowds suck them in :joy:

1 Like

Yep. Always the way with us… just when you get your hopes up Jabba the hut rules your heart out!

1 Like

But AWB isn’t an attacking fullback.

Defence first and then support the front.

Liverpool and city’s FBs flood forward at every opportunity

2 Likes

In happy news for Man U fans, David Moyes has finally finished his six year contract. Still twelve months from the end of Alan Pardew’s eight year contract at Newcastle.

5 Likes

MOYES finally OUT

1 Like

So when do they stop paying Mourinho and Van Gaal?

1 Like

I find it amusing that Newcastle would still be paying for Pardew. Knowing Ashley he might probably ask him back…

They have already as has Moyes.
It’s a bit of a furphy that Moyes was still contracted until yesterday. It’s just a running joke and yesterday just marked the end of the 6 year period he would have been in charge had he not been sacked. He received about £5m when he was sacked as did LVG. Mourinho was paid out to the time of £20m

I prefer the other story. It’s funnier.

I hear that young captain from Ajax is going to Juventus…van Ligt?

de Ligt, very good player.
Have picked up Ramsey and Rabiot on free transfers aswell and Gigi is coming home which I’m very happy with.

2 Likes

Rafa Benitez signs to manage some team in China. He will be back in the PL within 2 seasons is my tip…