English Premier League 2018/19

Yikes that is quite a list of recruits, I did not know about Rabiot, was hoping he might have come to Arsenal. Gigi is Buffon I am assuming?

Serie A is fast becoming the Scottish Premier League if anyone gets within 20 points of Juve at the end of the season I would be stunned. At least the SPL will be a 2 horse race sooner rather than later.

Inter may get Lukaku I understand. That will help them AC will probably not do much Napoli is probably the most likely challenger to Juve. With this last lot of recruits you would have to think Juve will have to give the UCL some sort of a shake.

1 Like

Not sure about giving the CL a nudge but some wise signings by Juve. Always seem to pick up some bargains on free transfers. Buffon has a 1 year playing contract with a guaranteed job at the club written into his contract as he wants to get into coaching. Has been a flurry of signings in Italy this year which should make it a closer competition

We have a new coach with a different philosophy to football then Juve is used to so there might be some teething problems. Also, Inter is coached by Conte so I wouldn’t discount them having a big crack at the title.

I forgot Allegri has left. Make it 11- 14 points.

Rumours circulating that Ayoze Perez to Leicester for £30 Million. Highly doubtful Ashley would reinvest that into the squad. Rafa gone, and if they’re selling off their best players they are going to be relegation candidates…

Villa signed left back Targett a couple days ago for £11M plus add ons from Soton, he’s a ranga and either has or has had braces. I can’t work it out. Let that be a warning shot to everyone, this is a team whom I would place now as favourites to go all the way now and put a down payment on Champions League success in 2021. So lookout, fark five year plans, this is a two year destiny. Now, to get a full XI within a week and pad the squad out by August.

5 Likes

Frank Lampard confirmed as new Chelsea manager. A meteoric rise after only one season in charge of Derby. Hopefully Roman backs him in for the long haul.

Lel sarri got the ■■■?

No. He left for Juve. Chelsea didn’t sack him but allowed him to pursue that opportunity.

1 Like
2 Likes

Ha. Can’t sing for sheet, but that is great stuff. “Divock’ll fckn blow you away”. :rofl:

2 Likes

Add in an unwillingness to buy Rondon because he’s too old to have resale value.

And in comes the new managerial saviour (drum roll) Steve Bruce.

Relegation favourites.

1 Like

Koscielny has refused to travel with the Arsenal squad for their pre-season tour to the US in his bid to force a move from the club. Has 12 months left on his contract.

Newcastle. Trash squad owned by a trash human being… propped up for a long time by a seriously underrated coach in Rafa

1 Like
1 Like

What’s Uncle Woy’s win %? It’s got to be hovering around the 30% mark surely?

He is just above - 100 wins from 288 matches. So 34.7%. His early stats help, a season with Blackburn where he finished 6th and then his time at Fulham.

This Barca stuff is gonna get juicy.

What’s happened? Griezmann has signed with them, weren’t they supposed to be banned from the transfer window?

apparently he signed a contract in march, which means barca should be paying 200m instead of 120m