English Premier League 2018/19

And that flog Messi didnt want to accept the 3rd place medal at the Copa America because he said it was corrupt.

Well, it probably is. Brazil are the soccering India.

Heā€™s just jealous because Ronaldo can carry his nation but Messi canā€™t. Messi wonā€™t leave Barca to protect himself

3 Likes

Heā€™s broken after what happened to Barca at Anfield.

3 Likes

Tempted to print this out and frame it. :rofl:

United reportedly agree a fee with Leicester for Harry Maguire.

Ā£60mil up front with Ā£20mil in add ons :roll_eyes:

He canā€™t be any worse than Smalling and Jones but damn that is a steep price to pay.

There is about a 50% extra fee added to any English player at the moment looking at the state of the market. Insane money.

Classic Messi

Truth is both have been ordinary at the big national team tournaments.

Portugal (with CRoado, Figo, Rui Costa) couldnā€™t beat the might of fkg Greece in 2004. He ā€œwonā€ Euro 2012, but he did about as much as I did in that match given he was off injured after 20 mins.
Zero goals from 2 finals.

Messiā€™s got a handful of 2nd places in Copa Suds - lost to Brazil once and Chile twice. Plus WC 2014 v Germany. Zero goals in 4 finals.

A far cry from the records of the Real Ronaldo and Zizou. They lived for those games.

1 Like

I just hope that Essendon donā€™t do a similar thing with our sashā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s disgraceful.

What percentage of Prem teams are sponsored by gambling?

The answer appears to be 50% (Bournemouth, Aston Villa, Burnley, Palace, Everton, Newcastle, Norwich, Watford, West Ham and Wolves)

You mean that 50% have a betting shirt sponsor. Iā€™d be shocked if any werenā€™t sponsored by a betting company.

1 Like

Correct.

I canā€™t work out what Southamptonā€™s LD Sports actually does. Itā€™s a sports content, marketing and entertainment platform for the Chinese market. Sounds a lot like a gambling company to me!

Wolves have beaten Newcastle 4-0 in a pre season friendly in the Asian trophy comp. All nice but we have the most thin squad in the league and have yet to make a signing this summer whilst shipping out 3 squad members. Getting nervousā€¦

1 Like

Steve Bruce the new gaffer at Newcastle lololololololololololololol

4 Likes

Didnā€™t someone important resign a few days ago? Possibly the Chinese government capping big spending of their money abroad? This was believed to be happening to ā€˜Drā€™ Tony Xia down the road before he pood his pants and got bought out.

Yes, our managing director Laurie Dalrymple. He was popular at the club but apparently had a falling out with the clubs board. Donā€™t know what to say really. Doesnā€™t appear to be raising too many eyebrows amongst Wolves fans who just assume its a part of inevitable change with Fosun being owners.

Its not easy following Wolves off season comings and goings. The club doesnā€™t let on anything, but any player associated with Jorge Mendes is linked to the club even though they are more than likely to end up at the top 6 or clubs like Everton. Not long left in the window now I guessā€¦

1 Like

No mention here of Kieran Trippier going from Spurs to Atletico Madrid? Confirmed according to ESPN.

1 Like

Going to need a new whipping boy.

1 Like

Donā€™t know if heā€™s picture is the before or after faceapp pic!