English Premier League 2018/19

to be fair though, real did spend about 200million in 2009.

We have sold some players in that time too that have bankrolled our spending. Torres (ÂŁ50 Million), Suarez (ÂŁ75 Million), Sterling (ÂŁ49 Million), Coutinho (ÂŁ140 Million) the biggest fees.

1 Like

When we first sold the little magician, I thought we would struggle a bit. Salah has been a revelation & we have (used that big coin) to further strengthen the squad. Has proven to be a wise sale in the end.

2 Likes

The last few transfer periods have blown these figures out though. Once Neymar went spending 70m became the old 20m.

3 Likes

Very ugly concussion for luke shaw against spain. Soccer is a sport that chronically lags behind others in relation to concussion.

Liverpool make it 5 from 5, a 2-1 win at Wembley v Spurs. Scoreline flattered Tottenham, should’ve been 4 or 5 with all the chances. Lamela pulled one back for Spus in injury-time which set up a nervy last couple of minutes but in the end 3 well deserved points for the Reds.

3 Likes

Well our season has completely flatlined.
That was a performance which lacked any zest about it whatsoever.
Don’t let the score line fool you - we were belted.
Liverpool were very good by the way.
Congrats to The Pool fans around here.

Need to get Hugo back in goal - dreadful from Vorm.

2 Likes

Yep, very poor lackluster performance from Spurs. Disappointing after the first three wins.

I was out & about - drinking with mates in Tokyo, but had the game streaming live via my phone. I tried not to be rude, but I couldn’t stop glancing over at my phone. Agreed. The scoreline flattered the Spurs. We bossed them. Banked the 3 points & we carry on. Big month ahead. Go Reds!!!

1 Like

Chelsea looked very impressive in coming from behind to beat Cardiff 4-1. After trailing early, Eden Hazard put on a masterclass with a hat-trick. Bournemouth also very good in a 4-2 win over Leicester. Eddie Howe really has done an amazing job with that club.

1 Like

We ended mighty Watford’s undefeated start to the season. A really good first half followed up by absolute garbage in the second half and probably lucky to hold on

De Gea ensured we kept all three points.

He was the only player who came back out of the dressing room at halftime I think.

Wolves smashed Burnley last night although the scoreboard didn’t reflect it. Looking forward to ManU this week.

1 Like
1 Like

Great article/interview with a couple of Wolves young Portuguese guns

1 Like

Anyone watching?

Just switched it on now. Go Reds!

Go Wolves

1 Like

Fair set up by Pogba

Pog with an assist for the ages there.