English Premier League 2018/19

Ponch won’t leave Spurs for another PL team

Probably but you have to atleast shortlist him and interview him

Well done to Liverpool, just a better team and they showed it.

Just sack Jose now, get rid of some dead weight in the transfer window and try and get some players with at least a bit of backbone

I saw elsewhere a defence of Mourinho that the board hadn’t backed him in the summer transfer window.

Meanwhile £52 million Fred wasn’t included in the match day squad.

3 Likes

To be fair, our best three centrebacks (Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi) were all unavailable which is a pretty rare thing to happen.

I felt that Mustafi would have been useful today as he is pretty good in the air and all Southamptons goals came from crosses.

2 Likes

Everything you need to know about Mourinho and what his team is about is that Matic and Fellaini (came on at 1-1 to protect the point) came on ahead of Pogba (unused substitute), Mata (didn’t come on until 2-1 down) and Fred not even in the squad. I thought that they couldn’t get any lower than they did under Moyes, but I’m glad I’m wrong. I expected them to park the bus, try and stop us playing, but they’re not even good at that anymore.

3 Likes

Similar to interviewing Nathan Buckley for the Bombers coaching job when he just re-signed for Collingwood. Don’t make sense to me unless you spend a bucket load of cash on him cause he seems happy at Spurs.

A good solid win, although very disappointing to concede at home against a very average mid table team. Great work the super sub Shaqiri. He was the difference.

Special mention to Nathaniel Clyne as well who played the full 90 minutes at right back after not playing a minute in the league this year - it the first time since the first match of the season he was even in the match day squad. He also only played 3 games last year, but with our defensive injury crisis we certainly needed him.

YNWA

3 Likes

Clyne is a good RB. He’s better defensively then Trent but not as great going forward. He’s now got a chance to establish himself again, not sure how long TAA is out. Gomez and Matip should hopefully be back at some point in January, but definitely need to keep VVD and Lovren in cotton wool otherwise we’d have to call up one of the boys from the academy or have to make a short-term signing in the January window…

1 Like

Money, ambition, prestige. There are many reasons why someone could be tempted to come to United. I don’t think he would leave them for us but can’t hurt asking. We are a rabble currently but I’d bet my house on us winning the league again before Spurs (might be in 20 years time though) :rofl:

I reckon Poch would only leave for Real Madrid. That’s the job he covets most…

I also think that once Spurs are in their new stadium they will have more cash to splash on players. Their current strategy should see them stay near the top for the medium term. Interestingly they didn’t sign a single new player last summer, yet I don’t recall Poch complaining once about missing out. He just got on with the job.

City are the richest club on the planet and are still a minnow on the big stage. Some clubs just can’t get it done on the big stage

Won’t argue that last point but hope springs eternal and I hope we win the title this year. We’re only 6 points and 15 goals behind lol!

I thought City would romp it in but Pool have me slightly concerned now. Here’s hoping for a Stevie G moment to bottle it :rofl:

GGF!:joy:

2 Likes

That’s all they have. They are 19 points behind us and we’re not even at Christmas. LOL!

3 Likes

Pogba is overrated something chronic on here - fmd he used to bully league 3 quality teams in the Serie A; Italian league ain’t what it used to be.

1 Like

Our defence has been smashed with injuries to begin the season.

Says a lot when you have Monreal and Jenkinson both playing central defence at times.

Left back is a concern and now that Bellerin is injured we have even further concerns.

I hope we buy a centre back in January but I’m not holding my breathe. Even getting Chambers back from loan would be smart.

Was one of the best players at CL level at Juve and was fantastic at the WC this year. He has been brilliant at United when used properly. Salah wouldn’t score more than 5 goals in a season for us with the way we play

4 Likes