English Premier League 2018/19

Always happens with a new manager. Start well, go on adrenaline then fade a bit. Just need to back the manager to turn it around and get players in the summer. Ramsey is off the books so maybe they’ll start to spend a bit.

1 Like

We need about 5 players or maybe even more before we can compete consistently.

Emery has us tracking in the right direction.

Surely something will give with Ozil? Wasn’t even in the squad for West Ham and he’s on £350K a week.

Its a good of fashioned stare down between the two parties.

I cant see Ozil changing his ways this late in career so something has to give.

Emery either needs to accept it or move him on.

KING DAVID

Definitely is. That contract though might be a sticking point in organising a move. That’s a lot of money and there’d be only a handful of clubs in the world that could afford his wages. Wouldn’t surprise if Arsenal had to pay a portion of it, should that decision be made to move him on. End of the day Emery has inherited a pretty poorly balanced squad. It will take several transfer windows to sort out, but he needs backing in terms of transfer funds. Losing another player on a free when otherwise he’d command a decent fee if he was under contract and was sold isn’t ideal either.

1 Like

Yep, Emery has his work cut out for him but I do like that he is setting a standard and not budging even for the marquee players in the squad. That might finally address the cultural issues we have had in Wengers last few years.

One thing in our advantage is we do have 3-4 very talented kids waiting in the wings that could become excellent players in the coming years.

If it wasn’t for DDG spurs could of put about 5 past us. We rode our luck but I will take it. Good counter attack finish by rashford too. Looks a different player sine ole took over

6 points off 4th now too

Ramsey going to Juve and will be the second highest paid player there. Incredible the amount of money on offer in the EPL and the lack of money in Italy. I’m pretty sure Crystal Palace spend more on player wages than Juventus.

1 Like

Not sure about that. Especially now Juve pays CR7.

1 Like

Same in Germany. I think when rumours were around that Reus was a chance of playing in the PL he would’ve tripled his wages.

Juve spend plenty but lower taxes and a cheaper cost of living can keep the wages down.

Yeah that was prior to Ronaldo

If you’re wondering what Raul Meireles is up to these days…

1 Like

Wagner out at Huddersfield…were going to be relegated anyway and it’s probably too late to save them.

1 Like

Genuinely feel sorry for the guy. He’s taken a team on a low level Championship budget to the Premier League and kept them up against all odds. So who gets the Huddersfield job, Allardyce, Pardew or Moyes?

Had it been a week ago I would have said Steve Bruce, but now he is at Wednesday. I could really see Allardyce to be honest. Someone to come in and tighten up the back 4 and try and pinch a few points.

Seems a massive step down, from a club like Everton to Huddersfield.

I reckon that’s as dumb as it sounds TBH.

So was going to Everton from England!