English Premier League 2018/19

Whilst I strongly reject the idea of this guy buying the club, the only people who really have a say in it are The Glazers.

The common fans are of no consequence to these uber rich businessmen…if they like the idea of a comfy little 6-7 billion dollars, unhappy fans won’t stop them from selling.

They should, thats what made them Man City.

A well supported, well known northern banter club, similar to West Ham and Sunderland.

2 Likes

Allan Hogarth, Amnesty International UK’s head of policy and government affairs, said: “It’s not for us to say who should own Manchester United, but like any business the club needs to ensure its operations don’t involve human rights violations.

“If the Crown Prince gets to run the club, United will need to explain how being in bed with a country bombing civilians in Yemen, banging up critics at home and sending hit-squads to kill journalists overseas, can ever be right.

“United’s reputation could be seriously harmed by a Saudi buy-out, and fans worldwide ought to be extremely alarmed at that prospect.

“The Jamal Khashoggi case should be a wake-up call to football, just like any other business.

“Doing business with Saudi Arabia could involve you in grotesque human rights violations and could seriously damage your brand.”

#crisp

I’m a firm anyone but glazers, ■■■■ those absolute leeches.

1 Like

as opposed to American conglomerates that just outsource their slavery to china and india (or their retail contracts)?

3 Likes

Gee. Log off for a couple of days to deal with some important fam biz and I return to find an irrelevant Man U discussion dominating the thread. This is the EPL thread and there is only one comment that is relevant right now - ‘Reds are gunna be EPL champions’ shortly. Fight me! :grin:

3 Likes

contain your sob stories to the dj thread.

hey @Crazy_Bomber we got a containment breach

3 Likes

Ha. No one has slipped over (as yet).

1 Like

Who is he?

And yes, anyone buy the Glazers

I think, (would hope) that once you fully answer that Question, … you’d find out … No, … not anyone.

If it wasn’t for the Oil, and it’s US alliance this bloke would be treated like Saddam Hussein or Khomeini, and about as welcome in ANY other Country as the Plague.

I’m not sure people fully realise just what sort of regime this Carnt presides over.

Just (maybe) one step up from the Taliban.

He should be shot, or better, Stoned to death like women are still allowed to be in his Country…

If you have a Wife / GF / Mother /Sister / Daughter … ask them what they think of him & his regime.

2 Likes

Where do you draw the line though?
Qatar and the UAE have poor records of human rights violations and still treat women and minority groups like pieces of crap whilst openly bragging about it and yet no one boycotts their airlines or companies. Qatar also was given the next World Cup despite openly bragging that most of their infrastructure is being built by slaves and despite their atrocious working conditions and the hundreds of deaths most have turned a blind eye to it.

Is this really an area you want to take the Whataboutism route in?

You sure about that?

http://uaeboycott.org/

https://twitter.com/boycottemirates?lang=en

Anyways, in lighter news, … it’s being heavily rumoured Ole has now been offered the Chair permanently, … :slightly_smiling_face: :crossed_fingers:

And also, …

Worth every fkn penny! Hurry up and sign Dave.

FC United of Manchester is the only club worth supporting.

Let that rage burn, Ace, as you head towards Anfield. YNWA! :grin:

I’m just saying that most of the ME countries have deplorable Human rights records yet many people are happy to turn a blind eye to it as long as it benefits them. As for people boycotting airlines it can’t be too many as Dubai is one of the busiest airports in the world and Emirates is one of the largest airlines in the world and growing.
People were saying the same about City at the time, sure they lost a few supporters and sponsors who took the moral high ground but they have more than made up for it with new sponsors and supporters and they have never been in a better position. United will be the same, lose a few supporters and sponsors but gain much more. At the end of the day most players only care about how big their pay cheque is not where it comes from so I can’t see many players quitting the club over it.

No rage here. We are rabble currently and if a new owner can clean the place out and deliver trophies,I like most United fans will be content. In the meantime we will just have to fight for the scraps that City and Liverpool leave us

So it seems your arguments amount to Whataboutthemism, … everyone else is doing it so we may as well too, … so what if he’s a Murdering repressive, Human rights abusing, Female subjugating arseole, his money is good and HUGE, … , … and 2 wrongs (or more) make a right??

I aint buyin’, … .I find all those justifications both ridiculous, and pathetic.

Happy to see Wolves get through to the quarters. Bristol City player some quality football in the second half.

2 Likes