English Premier League 2018/19

You used to be able to listen to 3RPH (radio for the print handicapped) after midnight, because they went over to the BBC World Service which gave score updates and commentary…and the call of the 3.20 from Cheltenham.

1 Like

Yup. You’re sadly correct.:cry:

When was the last time Shaqiri got on the park. Amazing given that the goals have dried up that he hasn’t been playing more.

2 Likes

We appear to be really missing an attacking midfielder that can (a) link the deeper midfield with the strikers and (b) take long range strikes (basically we are missing Phil Coutinho). With this in mind, strange that both Shaq and Keita seem to have fallen out of favour. Apparently Ox isn’t far away which could be huge in the run in.

Early in the season we got goals from guys coming off the bench. Shaqiri with his late double v United, Sturridge’s equaliser at Chelsea and Origi’s goal in the Derby at Anfield. That has gone completely. I know a lot of people were saying that being out of the domestic cups would be a blessing as there’s less games to worry about, can concentrate on the league and CL, but the downside to that is you don’t get regular football into the bench players. If we were still in the FA Cup or made it through the League Cup, you could’ve started some of those guys and given them 90 mins, keep the legs ticking over, keep getting football into them so they stay sharp. It would be nice of the likes of Shaq, Lallana, Studge, etc could have an impact, if they had’ve in the run of games we have drawn we’d still be top of the league. But it is what it is, we just have to go all out in the final 9 games and leave nothing in the dressingroom…

Salah of last year would have buried those two chances.

3 Likes

■■■■ yourself and woke up crying?

Still think the dippers appear to have the easier run home on paper

Much easier run. Don’t play any of the top 6 away

Reds are gunna need Manure to pull off a win against City & a few Harry Kane dives when the Spurs face City. In the meantime, they need to stop dropping points. The title race is too close to concede just yet.

2 Likes

Oh Mario

1 Like

Yep just a pity Arsenal couldn’t of helped out during the season with the Liverpool title push.

Like most of us they were used as cannon fodder against City.

1 Like

He’s been working on his acting career.

2 Likes

Just to muddy up the waters a little more…This was an exert taken from Ref Watch with former referee Dermott Gallagher on Sky Sports.

According to Law 11, the Offside Rule, “If a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence.”

Dermot added: “In a nutshell that means, at the minute the free-kick was taken, if I’d have grabbed hold of you at that point, and you hadn’t challenged for the ball, I could give a penalty. Because Kane challenged for the ball, the clue there is that he’s in the air. That shows he’s going for the ball, and if he goes for the ball, that negates the first bit.”

Either way I don’t care at all as it allowed United to get up into 4th place and now have Spurs in our sights.

2 Likes

Pep to Juve next season?

Why? Has something happened? I would have thought that they would be happy enough with Allegri.

Discontent for Allegri is growing and failure to get through to the next round of the CL would increase the heat on him. The natives are growing restless. I would move him on as would many other Juve fans

I wish that you would have done that last year. I don’t want to boot Unai but I did want Allegri.

Spurs better be careful. If Man U arsenal isn’t a draw they have a good chance of being out of the CL spots in a few weeks, gone completely off the boil.

Is Poch distracted by having taken another job at the end of the season?

1 Like