English Premier League 2019/20

Super first half for the season. Liverpool put 4 past newly promoted Norwich. Salah, Origi and Van Dijk after an own goal kicked off scoring for the season.

One big negative though - Alisson Becker off with a lower leg - likely to be a calf injury.

1 Like

Lucky we signed Adrian, he’s an able back-up and he will probably be better with a better defence around him than he had at West Ham. Wonder what Mignolet is thinking right now…

2 Likes

I imagine he’s not happy that after spending a season on the bench that the bloke signed to take his place gets over a half in his first week at Anfield.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1159964857711628288?s=21 Service from Trent!!

van Dijk could legitimately score 10+ PL goals this season from the back. Such a threat when he’s up for a set piece…

City put 5 past West Ham, Sterling hat-trick. Not without some incident, VAR denying City a goal due to a borderline offside call and a botched Aguero penalty was retaken on review, which he converted at the second time of asking.

I am living with the very real fear that Arsenal could score as many or even more goals than Essendon this week yet still not win.

3 Likes

Thats my weekend farked.
Flogged by the doggies.
Flogged by City.

2 Likes

Go the Blades…

Three late ones for Spurs. Ndombele with the season first.

1 Like

Arsenal names a very young side to kick off the season.

None of the new signees to start.

Good to see Nelson and Willock both lining up.

1 Like

Your defence makes me shudder.

However, we’ll probably ship 5 to Chelsea tonight so carry on.

Chambers and Socratis isn’t filling me with confidence.

Torriera should be starting.

1 Like

We did actually win. Away. Which given last year’s form is a plus. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Only watched the first half and was a little surprised to see we win. We looked a little sluggish in the first half.

Good start to the year and we will improve significantly when we have our better players in.

Nice start to the season with a 4-0 belting of Fat Franks Chavs

1 Like

Lucky to be in front at half time. But we certainly ripped them to pieces in the 2nd. That 3rd goal was a cracker.

Yeah, should have been 2-0 down at the half.
Gladly take the 3 points but the Chavs look almost relegation material

Great start. Going forward we look good. Look very vulnerable at the back.

Great to get the win and score 4. Good finishing by rashford as well

Chelsea’s most attacking player was their left back.

They are in serious trouble due to the transfer ban. Was there any reason that Kante didn’t start either?

Great 3 points to start the season.

With no Lukaku it was refreshing to have someone up front who could actually control the ball when played into them as opposed to someone’s first touch that would almost play it back to the keeper.

Rashford and Martial worked well up front together rotating as the number 9.