Enormous Collingwood Superstar calls it a Day

This article popped up

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwoods-nick-maxwell-considering-retirement-20140715-ztg98.html

Will be missed by all other 17 clubs especially for his ability to bring opposition clubs back into the game.

I know he doesn't get any respect on these boards, and I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm sure one one on this site pointed this out to me. He's probably the best player to play AFL that also looks like a goat.
Name another?

Simon Atkins

Good call!

Looks more like Gene Snitsky than a goat.

I know he doesn't get any respect on these boards, and I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm sure one one on this site pointed this out to me. He's probably the best player to play AFL that also looks like a goat.
Name another?

Simon Atkins

Good call!
At least Atkins was a decent footballer.

Please excuse my ignorance but who else’s career did Carlisle kill?

Please excuse my ignorance but who else's career did Carlisle kill?

Hurley's career forward - last Sunday arvo

I honestly think in my time of following footy, I couldn't name another player as useless as him that consistently got picked.

Zac Dawson says hi!

Genuinely good captain for them.

Difficult to think of a less deserving AA player, although I'm sure other posters will correct me.

Agree. He may be a rubbish player. But was a legitimately good captain. By all reports a really good bloke as well, still a rubbish player at a toilet of a club.

This. 

Was a good captain, brought leadership, knowledge, stability and all the other intangibles to Collingwood's defense. I'll vouch for him being a good bloke off the field as well. 

Difficult to think of a less deserving AA player, although I'm sure other posters will correct me.

Agree. He may be a rubbish player. But was a legitimately good captain. By all reports a really good bloke as well, still a rubbish player at a toilet of a club.

This. 

Was a good captain, brought leadership, knowledge, stability and all the other intangibles to Collingwood's defense. I'll vouch for him being a good bloke off the field as well.

Is he a better 'all round' captain than Judd, all things considered, good bloke, good speaker, leader? Srs Q

This. 

Is he a better 'all round' captain than Judd, all things considered, good bloke, good speaker, leader? Srs Q

Given what you typically measure a good captain on (leadership etc), that's a definite yes. 

Name another?

Simon Atkins
Good call!

Not the reason Atkins' bird dropped him though: http://youtu.be/Yk8XHDRHTZs

Name another?

Simon Atkins
Good call!
Not the reason Atkins' bird dropped him though: http://youtu.be/Yk8XHDRHTZs
I'm glad that had nothing to do with the 'other' rumour about Atkins...

This. 

Is 100% times the captain Judd is. I reckon Maxwell would be the type of captain you would play for, whereas Judd is the type of captain that you would play in spite of.

Maxwell is a better, speaker,leader,spokesman,club representative than Judd will ever be. Plus he isn't an eye gouging douchebag.

I don't think i have ever seen Judd come in a "fly the flag for a teammate", whereas Maxwell would be the first one there to help out. Tells you all you need to know about them as leaders.

I feel really dirty talking so highly of a collingwood captain.

You know what's worse? He will 100% end up as part of a commentary team. Mark it. 

You know what's worse? He will 100% end up as part of a commentary team. Mark it.

Lets just say he is best suited to radio...

He is an absolute ripping bloke off the park by all accounts, he does a significant amount of charity and volunteer work. Anyone who does that, no matter how garbage a player they were, gets my respect.

Enormous effort to do all that charity work as a goat. Very difficult to get let into most businesses but he persists anyway.

I swear it was Joey D's failed attempt at a mark that caused the injury....unless I'm wrong...

I didn't think he was too bad a player, seemed to play his role O.K,  but I thought he looked like one of those African tribesmen with the big plate in their bottom lip.

785610-wayne.jpg

Despite the contrary, Maxwell was a good standard AFL player. And by all accounts an Excellent leader.