EPL 2015/16 Chat

Ok after reading this thread during the off season you guys have swung me a little and I’m a little more optimistic about United finishing in the top 4 this season.

Predictions time considering we are getting under way this weekend.

My top 4 - Spurs,Arsenal,Chelsea,United.

Kane easily to net the most for the season.

Time for a new thread?

Well a 4-0 win over Barca and a 4-0 loss to Mainz less than 24 hours later. Not sure why they'd schedule 2 games within the space of a day. Would've been ideal to head into the 1st game v Arsenal on a bit of a high...

I reckon you guys will beat arsenal, they will be missing quite a few of their guys and you guys going forward look very dangerous. Mane could be one of the signings of the season.

Reckon you will give top 4 a real shake. If you could sign another CB you would be really well placed.

Has Benteke been sold or is he still at the club? There was talk the Palaca were trying to buy him

Benteke still there. Palace offered 27 Mil up front rising to 29.5M with add-ons and we knocked it back, apparently wanting 30M up front. I’d have just sold him, he is a good striker but quite clearly he is a square peg in a round hole at Anfield. Just get his wages off the books, we already have Balotelli training with the U21s on the best part of 90K a week or thereabouts, don’t need another player on a high wedge doing the same. Madness…

Yeah, not sure what game we are playing with these two. Unless it to push it until the last week and then get rid of them as I don’t see either of them playing any games.

Defensive is a big question, Mignolet is Mignolet but we need a full back especially with Flanagan and Smith leaving. Reckon we have Milner down as a back up option but we need another young player to develop. Centre back a concern too. Don’t want to see Can back there covering, nor Lucas in that case.

Last year it was Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, Kolo. This year Matip, Lovren, Sakho Klavan. I’d say on that basis one of Lovren/Sakho is 3rd choice CB, which is an upgrade on Skrtel, and Klavan has not looked out of place pre-season, so he covers the loss of Kolo. Can won’t be anywhere near CB, Lucas might leave close to the end of the window. Mind you, if Mignolet is #2 goalie, that is far better than having Bogdan or Brad Jones as deputy.

Yep. Need 1 more CB and also a FB.

Klopp has shown faith in some kids thought like Stewart, Ojo and co. Maybe that’s where we get depth from.

I like Klavan. You reckon Matip starts with Klav?

Matip and Lovren for me. Sakho is back training but not sure he will be right for Arsenal. Klavan is better than I thought, on the ball is pretty comfortable, if called upon he should do a job. Ojo pretty much takes Ibe’s spot in the squad as that bench player with some pace out wide. Stewart keeps it pretty simple with the ball, I think he is a CB by trade but has been forced to playi holding mid at times when we have had injuries and done OK.

Yeap, that’s fair. Matip and Lovren to start.

Sakho and Lovren when Mama is fit. Also wouldn’t mind seeing Mama playing as a left back if Moreno starts playing ■■■■.

I don’t mind Stewart, not a world beater but he seems to get the job done.

Well a 4-0 win over Barca and a 4-0 loss to Mainz less than 24 hours later. Not sure why they'd schedule 2 games within the space of a day. Would've been ideal to head into the 1st game v Arsenal on a bit of a high...

I reckon you guys will beat arsenal, they will be missing quite a few of their guys and you guys going forward look very dangerous. Mane could be one of the signings of the season.

Reckon you will give top 4 a real shake. If you could sign another CB you would be really well placed.

Has Benteke been sold or is he still at the club? There was talk the Palaca were trying to buy him

Benteke still there. Palace offered 27 Mil up front rising to 29.5M with add-ons and we knocked it back, apparently wanting 30M up front. I’d have just sold him, he is a good striker but quite clearly he is a square peg in a round hole at Anfield. Just get his wages off the books, we already have Balotelli training with the U21s on the best part of 90K a week or thereabouts, don’t need another player on a high wedge doing the same. Madness…

Yeah, not sure what game we are playing with these two. Unless it to push it until the last week and then get rid of them as I don’t see either of them playing any games.

Defensive is a big question, Mignolet is Mignolet but we need a full back especially with Flanagan and Smith leaving. Reckon we have Milner down as a back up option but we need another young player to develop. Centre back a concern too. Don’t want to see Can back there covering, nor Lucas in that case.

Last year it was Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, Kolo. This year Matip, Lovren, Sakho Klavan. I’d say on that basis one of Lovren/Sakho is 3rd choice CB, which is an upgrade on Skrtel, and Klavan has not looked out of place pre-season, so he covers the loss of Kolo. Can won’t be anywhere near CB, Lucas might leave close to the end of the window. Mind you, if Mignolet is #2 goalie, that is far better than having Bogdan or Brad Jones as deputy.

Yep. Need 1 more CB and also a FB.

Klopp has shown faith in some kids thought like Stewart, Ojo and co. Maybe that’s where we get depth from.

I like Klavan. You reckon Matip starts with Klav?

Would like a genuine defensive mid as well. Looks like Can and Henderson will share this role but they are attacking by nature. LB a big worry especially with Milner going off on Saturday with a heal problem.

Windalum(spelling?) can cover that to an extent but I agree. One more for cover won’t hurt.

Once woody gets a deal done he's a genius with payment schemes and the like but ffs can we get a director of football.

Agreed.

Woody is starting to really come of age in this transfer caper.

I’m sure given the size of his wallet it’s not that hard a job.

It is when dealing with teams who still have the rights to the player for a further 3 seasons and do not want to sell him.

Look at Neymar last season.

Ed has improved drastically since he first got the gig, especially considering we don’t have a sugar daddy or a sheik funding us and everything we spend, we earn ourselves.

Man U have always had the advantage. You join the brand not the club.

That being said it was built over a long time and rest where it is deserved.

I’m mixed with Man U this year, want Ibra to do well but want them to suffer.