EPL 2016/17 Thread

A win away against a non top 6 opponent! Interesting to see both the scorers started on the bench - Coutinho and Firminio.

2 Likes

Tough win.

The starting line-up was interesting to say the least. 3 at the back, Woodburn and TAA starting. Milner in midfield and Clyne at LWB. First half was dire, but once the Brazilian boys come on it turned the game with some magic moments. A close to a ā€œsmash and grabā€ as we will ever get, massive 3 points after the disappointment of the Bournemouth result. And Mignolet was incredible!

2 Likes

All these wins and are gonna get touched up by Moyes

Our away form isnā€™t really the problem. Itā€™s the home form against a mid-table or relegation-bound team thats the problem. :frowning:

Very hard fought win last night. Game changed after Klopp made those substitutions at half time.

I think our defence working together will be a big part of working with Mignolets strengths which is his aerial ability and quick decision making.

When he has time and we rely on him to set up play or play as a sweeper he struggles.

Let him save the incredible and make sure the stupid ones donā€™t come his way.

It is truly LOL-worthy that the Yellow Microphone is named as captain tonight.

IBRA OH WOW

IBRA!!

Romero doing well.

Anyone know what de Geaā€™s ā€œProblemā€ was?

Harsh red, no contact made there IMO

Still it was a studs up challenge that could have broken Herreraā€™s leg.

But it was a 50/50 call IMO.

Reckon weā€™ll just see United play keepings off and create nothing in the second half knowing that they have the advantage despite us needing a shedload of goals to try and catch up to those ahead.

Then Mhki scores after 49 seconds of halftimeā€¦ Serves me right :joy:

Well, that seemed easy ā€¦

East when youā€™re playing the bottom team coached by Moyes.

Canā€™t believe the difference between our home and away form

Manchester Ibrahimovic?

1 Like

Luispool?

Well he did score 31 league goals in 2013/14 but Sturridge also scored 21 from only 29 games. So as important as he was I donā€™t think he was a one man scoring team.

1 Like

Arsenalā€¦ LOL!

3 Likes

Oh dear.