EPL 2016/17 Thread

Palace have taken some big scalps recently,

Arsene Wengergoingtoleave

Seriously though, the Arsenal board have to be the most spineless going around. They don’t even have to sack him, they just have to say they’re not offering him a new contract. At any other big club in the PL, Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, they’d have pulled the trigger by now. Since the 1st leg of the Bayern Munich tie (mid Feb), they’ve won 1 PL game and 2 FA Cup ties against non-League opponents. It’s probably the worst situation you can be in. You have a board too gutless to sack or tell Wenger he will not be given a new deal, and a man to arrogant/stubborn to resign. He probably should’ve gone after the home leg against Bayern.

The Palace fans were apparently singing “Please stay Wenger” :grinning:

2 Likes

Arsenal board only care about money. They don’t give a ■■■■ about winning. It’s why most American owned clubs go to ■■■■.

1 Like

They will struggle to make Europe now so the board will sack him

Further to this, the also see money coming from being ‘competitive’ rather a ‘contender’ as opposed to a champion. So if wenger keeps them top 4 for another decade they don’t give a ■■■■ they still make bank.

1 Like

Right now they might not even qualify for Europe.

Probably shouldn’t go with this so early considering what happened last year.

Anyway I think we’re finally going to finish above Arsenal.

1 Like

If we win all 7 of our games left you will only need 7 points from your possible 18 and your goal difference is +20 better than ours. There is a North London Derby away (for us) so that will pretty much seal it for you.

1 Like

De Gea not starting again.

Really have no idea what Mou is doing.

De Gea better not be leaving.

4-0 Spurs

Janssen scored his first goal from open play

1 Like

Another game, another keeper fk up.

We’d be half pushing for a Europa spot if it wasn’t for keeper errors leading to goals and lost points.

And Bilic is finished. Hopefully we’ve done enough to stay up as we wont earn another point for the rest of the season.

I think I’m going to be sick saying this but go Man Utd tonight as both chelsea and man utd cant lose - what would be the ideal result. Even if it means liverpool miss out on a spot in europe, i dont care if there is a chance chavs don’t win the title.

GO UNITED!

The soccer equivalent of a Carlton Collingwood game?

2 Likes

No way I can ever wish for a Uniturd victory, unless it assisted us winning the title. Hoping for 6-0 Blues rout and for another Andy Tate rant on Manc TV. #Manchesduh

We will lose and lose comfortably I think. Only silver linings will be the winnings in my CrownBet account and stopping Spurs winning the league

Just watching the last bit of the Ross County vs Celtic game. Worst penalty ever just given to Ross. Absolute dive.

Now 2-2 at 91’ and the Celtic captain sent off for a shocking challenge afterwards. He’ll now miss two games against Rangers.

The referee and his assistant will be extremely embarrassed.

1 Like