EPL 2016/17 Thread

pack it up.

Rooney is the biggest steaming pile of you know what now.

If you showed highlights of the player that he was you’d almost not believe it anymore.

He missed a tap in that my nan could have scored with her eyes closed for crying out loud that would have changed the match entirely.

Now we have to pray that we have enough to scrape through and win the Europa.

Well, … that was a steaming crap pile.

Absolutely sucks m8 - will always have a soft spot for blackburn after pipping Man utd for the title and not just because dalglish was coach.

Love this thread when United lose. Probably the only sporting event to make me smile this weekend. This result means we win both our games and 4th is ours. Not confident away to West Ham. Middlesbrough at home I wouldn’t normally worry about but our home form against ordinary teams has been poor. So we will need to play well in both to get 4th.

2 Likes

Meh, this is what these two once great clubs have been reduced to, playing for 4th spot

1 Like

Chelsea: aiming to win title
Arsenal: aiming to win FA cup
man u: aiming to win Europa
Liverpool: aiming to finish above United

Inferioty complex alive and well

3 Likes

United giving us some saving grace. Putting all their eggs in the Europa basket.

Liverpool have to start Sturridge and Lallana next game, but geez some of the lesser teams play a really poor brand of football where they sit back and wait.

2 Likes

Personally I hate the concept of playing for 4th. But without Champions League the investment just won’t come which makes it so much harder to compete with the super rich clubs in the league. Our squad is super thin and unlike Leciester’s of last year it is also very injury prone. Almost all key players have missed large chunks of games this year. Only 4 players in the squad have appeared in 30 of the 36 Premier League games to date. Just isn’t good enough when you don’t have depth. My fear is that the game style contributes to some of these injuries, so it may need reviewing post season.

1 Like

It’s what club have reduced to know. They give up the ghost early and focus on 3rd/4th.

■■■■ we are focusing on Europa league FFS!

1 Like

Huh? We aim to finish 4th every season regardless of Man Utd. It’s our specialty considering we’re never going to win the ■■■■■■■ league again.

2 Likes

Chavs win the league

Pleasantly surprised with a 4-1 win at stoke. Was not expecting that.

Wengerin

1 Like

Massive game tonight away at West Ham to stay in pole position for 4th. Thankfully Andy Carroll is out otherwise he was good for a couple.

missing too many players to trouble Liverpool tonight.

Only chance is going ultra defensive and grabbing a point.

If the manx win the Europa, what happens to the 4th placed EPL side? DO they stay in the UCL qualifying rounds?

Yes
If United win there will be 5 English sides in the CL. The top 3 and United go into the group stage and 4th has to qualify

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up.

Well 6th it is, sucks to basically just give up the last 2 games