EPL 2016/17 Thread

Concerning thing is we’ve put all our eggs in the Europa league so if we don’t win it we’re ■■■■■■ for next season

1 Like

Or you could just not worry about Europe at all like Chelsea and win the title.

SPURS!

1 Like

Yeah, nah. I wouldn’t be taking advice on how to win the title from Spurs fans :wink:

Funny thing is winning trophies are all that matters and if we manage to get up in the final we have had a far more successful season than pretty much everyone else.
The flip side is we look like idiots if we Fark up in the final and we are stuck in the EL again next year

Definitely.
Playing in the EL has severely hampered our chances of finishing higher this season.
The only positive is that the club will spend bigger than ever in the offseason. I think we are headed in the right direction as we are tough to break down but we need genuine firepower to compete against the better sides

Liverpool should stay in the top 4 from here. Can’t see us dropping unless Arsenal pull something special off and we lose the last one.

Yep they are safe. Would want to try and avoid CL qualifying though by finishing third although I’d suspect City will pop them for it

Yep, I agree. But I guess it’s pressure on United to win Europa which I hope they don’t.

Doesn’t matter if we win Europa. 4th placed has to go through qualifying. It’s down to City/Liverpool for third or fourth

My bad here, I was more inclining to the hope that United don’t win it. Sorry haha

It’s interesting that If Man Utd win Europa they will go direct to the group stages whilst 4th place will have to go through qualifying.

4th place always has to go through qualifying.
Under the CL rules there is 1 spot saved in the group stage for either the CL winner or EL winner. As Juventus and Real Madrid will both get a group spot due to their league placings the winner of the EL gets the free spot

I’m a freaking genius (even if it was down to the wire)

1 Like

You were right, with games in hand, I would not call it down to the wire.

Preseason I was tipping a Derby 07-08 style season. To his credit, Silva turned them into a much stronger unit.

After the last game at Newcastle last year, I wouldn’t have particularly looked forward to Spurs’ visit.

James to United gaining legs at a rapid rate.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

he is leaving without a doubt.

see his substitution the other day?

looked devastated.

He’s leaving Real, but won’t be going to United especially without CL football

Hope not.
Massively overrated and overpriced

1 Like