EPL 2016/17 Thread

Fosu mensa looks like he wants to deck zaha.

■■■■ OFF ZAHA

Rather nervous first half but happy to take a 1-0 lead against Borough. They were in their element while it remained goalless.

1 Like

If angel gomes doesn’t play gonna throw mou from the top deck.

3-0 up with half an hour to play. Surely Champions League action will be back at Anfield next year!

I don’t know how if it is the teams I follow - or me - but like the game today I’m still finding a way to be nervous despite being in a comfortable position.

1 Like

I think its the teams we follow! Have a similar feeling. Only comforting factor is Brough just haven’t managed to score goals all season.

Sub rooney off and bring on GOMES

Got to get through qualifying first but yes it’s a near certainty now

Not worried about that. The cheque book will be open and the club will be a lot more attractive to players.

You just worry about Europa

I will worry about the Europa because win it and we bypass qualifying and head straight into the group stage of the CL :slight_smile:

And if you don’t?

We play Europa and still spend £200m on players. Whether or not we make the CL will have no bearing on how much we spend next season. The club isn’t happy with results and will spend up regardless

Don’t forget that on past experience you’ve only got one more season before the manager loses the players.

1 Like

Possibly, will just have to keep throwing money at players until they get the right mix

See post 2 above your own.

Where were they promoted to? Wormwood Scrubs, Pentonville Road or straight to Dartmoor?

Harry Kane made short work of the last two away games re the Golden Boot…7 goals…4 in a 6-1 win at Leicester and 3 in a 7-1 win at Hull.

2 Likes

29 goals for the season with 2 decent spells on the sidelines. Last 3 seasons have been world-class.

He is quality, needs to score a little more against the better sides but that will come in time. Think they said this morning that he has only scored 3 against top 6 sides this season. Definitely not a one year wonder like some experts were proclaiming

That doesn’t sound great, but I’d be interested to see how many games v the top 6 he played. May have missed some with his injury layoffs. 3 in say 8 games is alright without being brilliant. For Spurs to get 86 points and not win the league is pretty unlucky.