EPL 2016/17 Thread

Osasuna is a Basque club too, isn’t it?

And why the apostrophe in Basque’s? It’s not a possessive or a contraction.

While we stayed in Donostia (San Sebastian) and visited the Guggenheim in Bilbo (Bilbao), the closest we really got to Basque culture was in St Jean de Luz in France. Everything in red and black there.

It’s been claimed that Pamplona is Basque too, but it’s next door in Navarre.

I believe there’s a fair few, and all have the same policy, but Bilbao’s the only one that’s won much.

When I started following footy, a fair whack of the Essendon team grew up around Essendon.

Alec Epis, Charlie Payne, Bluey Shelton John Somerville, John Birt are the only ones I’m thinking of who weren’t.

Tell us more!

The 70s country zones put an end to all of that.

2 Likes

And we picked up the entire Ringwood area…bringing us the likes of Robin Close, Robert Newton and later, of course, Gary O’Donnell and Paul Salmon.

Where was Vander from?

He lives around Ringwood now, serious sleaze according to a bird I used to work with.

:cry:

1 Like

Was so sad to read about this, certainly not the first player to collapse like this and lose their life, either on the training pitch or during a game. RIP…

Wow that was a surprise. Gone way too soon.

Arsenal sign Kolasinac from Shalke on a free transfer. Nice get, very similar to us getting Matip last summer from the same club on a Bosman.

1 Like

Farewell and thanks for the memories Zlatan. Hope he has success in China or the US.

He might still come back.

Doesn’t want to collect a wage whilst in rehab for his knee.

United have also apparently agreed a £64mil fee for Morata who will be coming to have his medical next week and sign a 5 year deal.

United sign Lindelof pending medical.

Also interesting is that veratti requests transfer from PSG. Wonder what dodgy ■■■■ Barca are gonna do to fit him in considering they’ve got ■■■■ all free money.

1 Like

Veratti shouldn’t have re-signed with them in the first place.

Ligue 1 is a dying league and it isn’t where the top echelon of players want to play.

It is either in Spain or England and I for one am so glad to see ■■■■■ stain clubs like PSG lose players.

Lindelof should be a good pick up.

I’d love veratti, been big on him for a few years. I doubt he goes to england though, he has aspirations for barca.

Veratti is a Juve fan iirc… Don’t know if he would come back to Italy though.

Juve would never spend that much money on a player unless they lost someone for a similar fee ala Pogba.

Alright locked and loaded.
Carlton Draught cans (already had several),Van Halen crankin’ on the stereo.
2 Hours to the game which gets my juices flowing more than any other.

Oh and I don’t expect to win so if we do I’m going off tap.
Think the Goons are ready and waiting.

1 Like

this is last years thread S_H jump into the current one.