EPL 2016/17 Thread

■■■■■■■ hell, 2-1

Actually his 2nd. Should be level pegged now.

Good game. Only in front by a) sheer luck, & b ) The magic of Zlatan, …

SthHampton has had all the moxy & far more energy.

All square … faaark.

Better pull the fkn digit out, … still don’t seem to be switched on

Soton the better side so far

ZLATAN!!!

Was about to say “Time to get the Cape on Ibra” … seemed the only chance … and BANG!

If we win it, we fkn stole it though.

Fellani on, so still plenty of chances for saints to level.

Dear Manchester

Welcome to Zlatan

Nice one Reds, good win, & some more Silverware. but Sths stiff.

Saints unlucky, we were very poor.
Another trophy to the collection though

Of the 5 things we want to achieve this year this would be bottom of the list. But seeing as we can’t win the league and most likely FA cup if we can at least get top 4 or win Europa then it’s not a bad season.

But this helps

Keep Lingard just for Wembley games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8NAPJaE-4

I remember being young and watching the highlights of Le Tissier vs Newcastle at the Dell where he scored 2 absolute wonder goals against them. An amazing talent who never really got England recognition (only 8 to 10 caps I think) and you can’t help but wonder what he could have been able to do for a team who wasn’t seemingly fighting off relegation year after year.

Yep one of my best. Too bad I was only 17.

93 would have been epic for you.

Letissier was an absolute freak when it came to scoring goals. Truth be told I have a bit of a soft spot for The Saints because when I first got into The EPL he was at the peak of his powers and I loved watching him bang them in from all over the place.

In truth I am actually feeling a bit dirty liking your posts Sammy, but I agree with you.

What or who made u follow The Gunners mate?

For me it was Lineker and Gazza.

It was Ian Wright and those yellow away shirts with the black triangles in the old JVC days. I would be lying if I did not think the name of the club kind of made me think I could say “■■■■” and it would be ok. I still need to grow up. I had a pommy mate who was a Liverpool fan but that did not convince me to go for them. I did not know anyone at the time that followed Arsenal so it was an independent decision on my part.

It must have been around the start of the EPL (maybe 91 or 92?) as I think Villa or Leeds were reigning champs and I think the kung fu fighter helped Leeds win the title about the time. I reckon Bozza might have been at Villa and Dalian Atkinson was a unit who was pretty handy. 93 was a great year for me personally as I was in year 12 and Essendon had a good year and the Gunners won the league and cup double.