EPL 2017/18 Thread

Tough start for Arsenal. City at home and then the Chavs away.
We start with Leicester at OT then Brighton away

West Ham at Anfield for us. We are also the opponent for Spurs first home game at the new White Hart Lane.

Better you than us. Would be quite a daunting atmosphere for us, this has been a long time coming and they would be ready to stick it to us.

that’s brutal for the Gunners.

Happy with out start. Should get 6 points from that

United have leaked that he apparently isn’t going anywhere and still has another year on his current deal with a trigger to extend for a further year.

So it could be over before it’s begun.

C’mon Liverpool get Fekir or someone to that level.

1 Like

Lyon playing hard to get that’s for sure.

Some people still saying it’s on, others saying it’s dead in the water.

Truly strange situation.

1 Like

Lyon make Essendon look like the dorks when it comes to player transactions…

2 Likes

If he hands in a transfer request he is gone. I honestly can’t remember the last time a player handed in a transfer request and the club made him stay.

1 Like

Mahrez? Sanchez?

Well played

A great signing for us. Its exciting being a Wolves supporter at the moment. Its the best time for us in decades.

3 Likes

Jack Wilshere leaving Arsenal. Not sure he is a big loss for them, heavily overrated and has the durability of a Milk Arrowroot biscuit dipped in a cup of tea…

2 Likes

If I was an opposition supporter, I would be unimpressed, but hey hey!

Jorge Mendes shows power with latest Wolves import
by Adam Willmott share

Rui Patricio has joined Wolverhampton Wanderers from Sporting CP
What’s the story?

Wolves latest import to the club is Portuguese international stopper Rui Patricio. This follows the news that Wanderers have also brought in Porto’s Willy Boly for £10m, and Mexican forward Raul Jimenez.

At thirty years of age, Patricio is in his prime, and is a keeper with a history of winning, having won the European Championships with Portugal in 2016.

This signing shows the power of Jorge Mendes as the most influential ‘super agent’ in the world. Wolverhampton Wanderers stunned many when they brought in Helder Costa last season, but Mendes has shown with this capture he has the power to bring big names to the club with relative ease.
Advertisement

Having represented the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani, Mendes has brokered some of the biggest deals in world football. Wolves owners, Fosun International, decision to bring in Mendes as an agent in many ways looks a more important appointment than manager Nuno Espirito Santo, given the power Mendes has to bring players into the club, even when they were a second tier side.

Wolves are getting a quality, experienced keeper in his prime with Rui Patricio, who will be among the best goalkeepers in the Premier league. What this transfer sheds light on more than anything forever, is that the era of the super agent is firmly underway.

How many other clubs will follow the ‘Wolves model’ of employing a super agent as a figurehead, is still yet to be seen.

1 Like

Yeah but he could be YOUR “Milk Arrowroot biscuit dipped in a cup of tea…”

For the record I think he actually played more games in the recently finished season than any other and I do like him. He is one of own*.

• I am sure he was not a Spurs junior!

That sort of argument is why I don’t want Mitch Wallis. He won’t improve us.

Unless a top 6 club comes for him west ham should be all over him given hes a free agent.

We’ll destroy his body though having said that like Carroll.

1 Like

Rubbish. Mitch with a new environment would really up our stocks, …

1 Like

Completely agree with Liverpool fans. Absolute ■■■■■ player. Has nothing about him.

1 Like

Luke Shaw is looking like Stuart Dew circa 2008. Seen photos of him on a pre-season holiday. Absolutely disgraceful condition…

1 Like