EPL 2017/18 Thread

Was injured for most of last season and then out on loan. future looks bleak.

Itā€™s a shame.

Heā€™s got some real talent.

Much like Shaw except Shaw strung together a really good season at Soton before coming to us and is a really good fullback when healthy, itā€™s just that he isnā€™t often healthy.

Itā€™d be nice to have some more English talent at the club and Wilson has shown some real promise.

Then again, so did Rav Morrison.

Anyone staying up for the game tonight?

Hoping too, Newcastle and spurs has been very dull so far

Yeah, United and Juve back to back. Calling in sick tomorrow

I like your style Ace!

ROMELU!!!

Fark Matic has been good!

Lucky to not concede at the end of the half there with nothing but a poorly placed shot from Ayew and a great reaction from De Gea to deny them.

They have looked totally toothless so far and we have played them off the pitch and should be 2-3 goals up and not just 1.

Matic and Pogba look unreal though and have totally dominated the game so far.

Great to see Romelu score on his debut as well.

Keep it up and letā€™s do these carnts by 4 please!

Romelu doubles the lead right after halftime with the easiest header from a set piece that he will ever get.

Great debut.

Martial made it 3-0 after a great pass from Mhki and superb footwork by Anthony to finish it off.

Pogba then scores a belter to end it to make it 4-0 with only minutes left.

I havenā€™t seen United put in that type of dominant performance since Fergie was at the helm.

Pogba looks to have gone to another level already this season and Matic looks like a very, very shrewd signing.

Great way to start the season! GGMU!

Matic is so important for our midfield structure. Allows pogba freedom to get forward. Whilst also being poised on the ball.

Our midfield tore them to strips. Miki, Matic and Pogba ran riot. Always good to see that carnt Hart cop a battering

We should wait until weā€™ve come up against a better midfield before we go full muppet

Fell asleep at halftime, glad to wake up and read we pushed on and scored some more and had a good win

West ham have got a hard start to the season, i think they dont play a home game until week 4

Oh for sure.

But it is promising signs since it is the best our midfield has looked since Scholes, Beckham and Giggs used to walk it.

I didnā€™t realise just how good Matic was, he looked like a world beater this morning and I donā€™t know if he just had a really good game or if that is just that type of performance that we can regularly expect from him and if the later is the case thenā€¦ Wowā€¦ Look out!

Mourinho has players that he gets. Matic seems to be one of them. Was class when mou came back to Chelsea and was a bit wasted under Conte.

Consistency is always Maticā€™s issue. Will play like last night and next game will turn into Fellaini lol

The biggest question i have after the weekends games is just how dumb is Jonjo Shelvey to do what he did right in front of the ref.

1 Like

Thinks heā€™s hard but heā€™s just an idiot. Pity because he does have some talent. Rafa has his work cut out keeping Newcastle up IMO, been a lack of signings which he has been very vocal about. Knowing his Modus Operandi from his time at Liverpool it would not surprise if he creates conflict with Ashley and engineers either being sacked or walking away from the job. He will always win the PR war with him because the fans hate the ownership. Very delicate situationā€¦