EPL 2017/18 Thread

Further proof of what a stupid style we played at anfield. Could have put 4 past them if we had have played properly instead of parking the bus.

1 Like

Itā€™s become so regular you barely bat an eyelid. Iā€™m not going to say the manager should go, Iā€™m convinced he is the man to take us back to where we want to be, but heā€™s now been in the job for over 2 years and if anything, the defence has got worse. Thereā€™s been enough chance to remedy it, and itā€™s an absolute disgrace that the only new defensive signing was Robertson, who is a left-back. Is it system? Is it personnel? Itā€™s a bit of both for me. Our full-backs push so high up the pitch you may as well say that we play with a back two, and none of our mids drop back to cover the holes if the full-backs bomb on. So youā€™re left with Matip and Lovren isolated in space and you could put an ocean liner between the two of them. I donā€™t think Lovren is a Liverpool standard player, but you look at other teams, Burney for instance, who have worse players but they know how to stay solid defensively (yes I realise they set up to defend). I would happily see Joe Gomez play in the middle and get rid of Degsy because he is a calamity. Even if we go in for a new defender in January, the horse has well and truly bolted for me. The top 4 looks set in concrete, the 2 Manchester clubs, Spurs and Chelsea. This season we really had to consolidate a top 4 finish to gain some credibility and to not be seen as a flash in the pan. Once again it appears as if weā€™ve ballsed it up, and itā€™s due to a lack of ambition in the transfer market.

2 Likes

Lovren, Moreno and Gomez should never start for Liverpool.

At least with Moreno and Gomez you know there is an upside, Lovren has always been average.

We need Clyne back and to get Robertson back in the LB position.

As for Klopp he needs to buy 2 x Centre Backs over the Jan transfer market, one World class or close to Centre back and another young developing one that can be that player in a year or two.

If Klopp doesnā€™t play more defensively or getā€™s more players in then I think itā€™s time for a new coach. Like him but the team is the same ā– ā– ā– ā–  one we had with Rogers.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t want to upset all the Liverpool fans in this thread :wink:

Itā€™d be nice if they could play like that at Wembley all the time.

Thereā€™s something pure about watching Spurs in full flight.

1 Like

COYS!!!

1 Like

Maybe weā€™ve turned the corner at Wembley.
Think Harry came off holding his hammy at the end of the game which is more than worrying.
Have some big games in the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

spurs should get lingard, literally impossible for his team to lose at wembley because hes the banger king.

Saw a comment today saying only one of the starting back 4 is a Klopp signing. Everyone knew our defence was weak when he took over yet nothing has really changed. Itā€™s a joke that we didnā€™t get a new CB over the last transfer period.

2 Likes

Bitters sack Koeman. Maybe too many players in this summer? I thought their business was pretty good but there is one thing they didnā€™t do, and that was replace Lukaku to an adequate enough level. Bring back Moyeseh?

that would be glorious. But when he fails there Iā€™m sure he will come up with an excuse and try and blame Manu for it

Comfortable 2-0 win in the League Cup, Lingard brace.

Top of the table clash- nil all After extra time! City v wolves

Wolves were terrible in the shootout

1 Like

Only one first choice forward stepped up Bonantini. Still good luck defending City in a shootout!

I hope to be spending a whole lot more time in this thread next season. The ā€œother leaguesā€ thread is a ghost town and rightly so.

TOTTSCUM at Wembley tomorrow

Wonder how many theyā€™ll put past us for fun.

Hopefully it kicks off in the stands, about the only chance of seeing some fight from anyone in west ham colours.

One of my favs from the last time we played Spurz in the league cup

Spurs will play their third XI so I highly doubt theyā€™ll be able to even put 5 past west ham tonight.

I remember it wasnā€™t that long ago that we used to laugh at the chest beating of spurs fans when they came to OT (and evnm us going to WHL). Now, I dread playing them this weekend. They have found some good form now, weā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

This result might have finally blown @Stallion right off!

3 Likes

Hate losing to The Hammers but like Fog said canā€™t say Iā€™m shattered in being out of League Cup this season.

Congrats Stallion - Might turn your season around.

2 Likes