EPL 2017/18 Thread

My thoughts are with stallion during this difficult time

1 Like

Nah, f**kā€™im!!!

1 Like

GO SPURS!

The doomsayers say we are finished, that the power has shifted etc. I think we are a chance to not lose. First Arsenal game I have watched all season, hope it is a win, not sure it will be. wrote this in the old thread, thought it was the right one. Not a great start by me.

Spurs win this away for once surely

Unless the break stops the momentum they had

Gunners all the way!

1 Like

No but thatā€™s great.

By the way I donā€™t expect to win this.
Hope Iā€™m wrong.

But if a soft free too Sanchez sets up a free kick that arsenal score from. Good header to score

COYG

Me likey.

1 Like

Asenal have been the better team however I ask u guys through my alcohol induced eyes were both goals offside?

Technically I think the first was, but only an armā€™s width in it, but the second I think was just onside.

It would make more sense for offside to be decided by foot placement rather than any other part of the body that can score. It could technically mean that a forward who is leaning forward more would be offside the way I understand the rule. Also the way I understand the rule you cannot score from your arm so then maybe that is not offside.

1st probs. 2nd nah.

1 Like

Was a little concerned because I thought we had the better of the play without getting a shot on target and no value for money, then bang bang. Not over by a long stretch I remember we were 2-0 up at home and we lost 3-2 in a NLD canā€™t remember the Spurs guy that scored a powerful header but I think he was a Northern African and I think it would have been the highlight of his career.

Yes the free was definitely soft but they have been all over us.
The reason why I wasnā€™t confident in this game was the Toby A injury.
He is the reason why we have tightened up down back in the last couple of seasons.

I am freaking nervous right now!

I was relieved when the whistle was blown, now Iā€™m already nervous about Burnley.

Congrats mate.
Canā€™t tonight remember us troubling the keeper.
Hoping we can return the favour at Wembley later in the season.

Personally not into the power shift rubbish the media was hyping before the game.
Just happy wevā€™e been playing decent footy for the last couple of seasons.
Donā€™t think that performance was anything like we are capable of putting together but that was down to a dogged defensive performance.

End of the day again in my opinion itā€™s City then You guys,United,Chelsea,Pool and us trying to get in the 4.

Weā€™ve been at each other for nearly a decade and the last couple of years Iā€™ve had the rub of the green.
Not tonight.

Enjoy mate,too good.

1 Like

Appreciate that Sammy. You guys are obviously on the up. Kaneā€™s header that took a deflection off Skrotum looked beautiful, then I saw it was a header onto Mustafi. Forced a pretty good save from Cech as did Dierā€™s near the end. Will be interesting at Wembley, we have turned that into a happy hunting ground of late and I expect you guys will have made it something of a fortress by the time we meet there, will be packed and should be an awesome atmosphere.

My real interest going forward will be to see if you guys have the growing pains at the new ground for the next decade roughly, as we did in terms of the transfer market.

There will be plenty of other days for you guys; blue skies (and clean air). I hope there is no hangover in the morning.

I am one of the bigger Ozil fans going around, but I am not sure that he was that good as the superlatives from the game are saying. Not sure I would have given him our best, I liked Skrotumā€™s game and Alexis actually had a crack.