EPL 2017/18 Thread

Lol

4 Likes

You are killing me Ace

Name another side in the PL that plays better football than Man City or Liverpool.

Mooys

3 Likes
2 Likes

OHHHHHHHH
MANE
MANE

2 Likes

At work today and so wanted to just get up in the middle of the afternoon and start belting out the SALAH song.

2 Likes

You are definitely in a good patch of form.
Don’t think you can say definitively though you are the 2nd best team in the Comp though.
I mean City if anything should of lost to Palace last week and you guys like always still let a few in down back.
It’s a long season though and you may be proven right.

Tim Cahill going back to WALL apparently

@Alan_Noonan_10

Doing well if he can get on the pitch, quality of the championship FAR outweighs a-league.

I reckon Smooth was saying that Liverpool are in the top 2 for style of play/aesthetics not that they are in the top two best sides because if it was the latter then that would have to mean that they are 1 or 2 on the table. So it is probably a bit of a combination of style and placing on the table. And it would also be a shot at uniturd who have one of the most notorious bus drivers at the helm. Spurs would have to be in the discussion for aesthetics and form/results too, I would imagine.

I would suggest that the thing that may keep Liverpool out of being in the “top two for football played” would be their leaky defence.

1 Like

And I think the rest of the world would argue that being in the “top 2” for “football aesthetics” wouldn’t entail scoring 4 but shipping 3 and barely falling over the line.

Their front three is great but they are bang average almost everywhere else on the pitch (this is amplified by Coutinho leaving).

Spurs I could see the argument for as they have a lot of high class players and also play sublime football at times that cannot be stopped. Arsenal are like that on their day too (to a lesser extent and are probably out of that discussion with Alexis and Ozil likely leaving).

The City vs Liverpool game was fun to watch, don’t get me wrong. But if Ederson and Karius weren’t between the sticks for both sides, there is probably 2-3 less goals in the game.

Watching the replay as well, Joe Gomez is a plonker, seems totally lost on a football pitch and always seems directly involved in conceding a goal when Liverpool are scored against. I’d be interested to hear Liverpool supporters perspective on this as I just don’t see it with him at all.

Aubamayeng to Arsenal talk is growing legs.

Can’t see how he would fit into our side considering we only just bought lacazette but it sure would be interesting.

2-0 at HT, good hit from Antonio early and then Tony late. Both set up by Pogba

3-0 with Lukaku getting on the scoresheet

Chelsea in for Sanchez now.

Think you’re harsh on Gomez. He was at fault for the first goal but he has rarely made mistakes this year. Last year he hardly played coming back from a knee reco so arguably he has spent this year finding his feet again. Yet he has shown enough to get a full England t am call up.

If anything the issue is he is playing out of position. He is a CB and long term I expect him to become VVD’s partner in the middle.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s fair enough.

The only time I have paid attention to Liverpool this year has been when we played them and other than that I see the majority of the highlights for all their games so it’s interesting to hear another opinion.

He is still very young.

Phil Jones had a similar start to the EPL and he has only really started showing consistency and form now and he is 26-27ish.

1 Like

DECIDE WHERE YOU’RE GOING ALEXIS ■■■■

What’s happened?