EPL 2017/18 Thread

Who for?

I liked him but he did not go so well at Arsenal.

Was anticipated to become an England no.1 Just didnā€™t pan out that way.

Walcott signs for Everton.

For Ipswich - fifth place with him in goal, relegated the following season. Overly simplistic perhaps, but itā€™s good to have a single thing to blame.

1 Like

Pity, I liked Theo he was probably my favourite current Arsenal player which probably goes against the grain. Mesut or Jack are probably my new favourites and they could both be on the way out tooā€¦ :worried:

What Arsenal fan can forget this?

I didnā€™t mind Theo also. Bit like Giroud, unfairly maligned and used as scapegoats for the teams failings.

Iā€™m quietly confident that Ozil will sign on again.

He show passion for the club and his career has been littered with success everywhere heā€™s gone so I donā€™t think itā€™s as important to go to a bigger club.

Jack has impressed me with his recovery from a long injury layoff. When Rambo gets back I would prefer to see the pairing of Jack and Rambo over Xhaka but I doubt Wenger would do that.

1 Like

I forgot about Rambo. I like him too.

Wenger says itā€™s ā€œlikelyā€ that Sanchez moves to United and that Mhki moves to Arsenal by stating that Mhkiā€™s wages are ā€œnot a problemā€.

That means itā€™s a done deal.

Wenger generally keeps his cards pretty close to his chest.

1 Like

He also mentioned Malcolm is unlikely in January and thinks Auba would fit in well at Arsenal.

If we managed to get Mkhi and Auba that at least would allow us to be competitive.

Canā€™t see it being enough to put us in top four calculations though.

If they settle well then I would think we are every chance, got to play most of the teams above us again, not pool or chelskum so win them and we are well and truly back in the game!

1 Like

Couldnā€™t agree more.

Mesut floating behind Lacazette and PE-A would be damn lethal. Throw in Mkhitaryan and that is looking like a damn good front half to me.

2 Likes

Mkhi and Auba have played together before so thatā€™s an advantage.

I personally think Ramsey is the key for us. When he plays well, we play well.

1 Like

The most interesting part about this swap is what Mourinho does with Alexis.

Alexis when happy is a tireless worker so can play anywhere up front but Mourinho does have a history of turning very good attacking footballers into mere mortals.

Alexis was unhappy because of the rest of the team imo.

Not making the World Cup wouldnā€™t make him happy.

At least he has his dogs I guess.

Sheā€™s done lads.

3 Likes

Not sure I want Mkhitaryan (sp). Give us the cash.

Walcott was the only Arsenal player I simply couldnā€™t stand (Ramsay close). Good fee for him.

Welcome to unitedā€™s latest signing.

1 Like