EPL 2017/18 Thread

JOAO MARIO

Hopefully Sturridge next even Deeney, we can barely field a side atm with all the injuries. Desperately need reinforcements til the end of the season.

Weā€™ve got as many soft tissue injuries as Essendon 2012 when the jungle juice ran out.

Would be monumentally stupid. He is so cooked.

That said Iā€™m with you - he and Ozil are my two favourite players in the game.

2 Likes

It would be very Wenger to renew his contract. We have a history of making injured players captain so nothing would surprise me.

Santi is such a joy to watch though.

Beat the undefeated Man City, lose your next 2 v 20th and 19th in the PL respectively. Liverpool outdoing itself by crashing out of the FA Cup, losing for the first time at Anfield this season 3-2 v West Brom. VAR was the star of the show, disallowing a WBA goal then awarding a penalty to Liverpool which Firmino rattled into the underside of the crossbar and out. Salah pulled one back to set up a tense final 15 minutes but the Reds never seriously threatened.

4 Likes

That happens when they bring in a defender for Ā£75m that is only worth a tenth of that at most. VVD is a deadset shocker

He needs time to get used to the style of play, and to the other defenders.

Way way too early to judge him shocking for mine

Iā€™ve never rated him though, always seems to be out of position and lose his man too easily

Iā€™m pretty skeptical as a liverpool supporter too, heā€™s good on the ball and it concerns me thatā€™s the reason we bought him rather than his ability to actually defend. Still early days thoughā€¦

I donā€™t think he was directly responsible for any goals we conceded this morning, however it shows that one man canā€™t fix the defensive problems we have displayed since Rodgers was manager. The goalkeeping situation is farcical to say the least. Matip has been appalling recently, but also some of the midfielders are not tracking their man or giving the ball away cheaply in dangerous areas. VVD canā€™t make up for that on his own.

2 Likes

Ah fair enough. Thought you meant just from the last few weeks

I reckon smooth has just reeled in about 5 snapper with an old boot on a string. Too easy!

3 Likes

Reckon its rubbish to call it at roll considering the amount of pedestals liverpool fans have been screaming from in recent weeks until their last 2 games.

Nah, as was posted above he is quite brilliant on the ball and his skills are pretty good but he canā€™t defend and surely thatā€™s his main job

1 Like

Reports coming through that the Auba deal is done.

If true he will be a great addition to the Gunners lineup but also great for the PL.

1 Like

Sturridge being linked to West Brom on a loan, Moura to Spurs for 25 million and Ibra free to leave United if he so chooses.

I know Giroud cops a lot of flak at Arsenal but I always liked him. Could miss some absolute sitters and then do something magical.

Will play well at Chelsea.

2 Likes

Watched our FA Cup tie the other morning where we got out of jail.
The week before we were very average against Southampton.
Eriksen was out for both those games.

Praying Iā€™m wrong but I think the Odds makers have our game against United completely wrong.
Donā€™t know how we could be favourites.

We normally play Wembley well, but weā€™ll see how we go

Wembley? lingard with the banger of all time.