EPL 2017/18 Thread

Auba doesn’t defend?

Not sure why that would be a concern at Arsenal. The defenders don’t even defend.

4 Likes

Spurs up 2-0 against Long Ball Utd. Eriksen scores after 11 seconds then Phil Jones conceded a comical own goal. LOL!

Probably the worst I’ve seen us play in years, utterly pathetic

The fact that Phil Jones starts shows how poor we are defensively.

Of course you cant force the owner to change but there are ways of making them consider it.

The best way not to is to have a figurehead at the club that is everything about the club, just like Sheedy was at Essendon.

If you replace the manager then yes Arsenal will be in for some short term pain. I have no doubt about that! But like all great clubs they will rise again.

As it stands now though, we have a manager and a owner that have exactly the same philosophy. Make money first and cross your fingers we have some success.

The soccer environment has changed so much in the last decade and the things that made Wenger so good 15 years ago are no longer an advantage. He has failed to read the tea leaves and is to arrogant to make changes to how he does things. The scary thing is he is now installing systems at the club to ensure that his business model lives on when he does finally retire.

For the club to go forward we need change. And if it means getting in a Simeone for example and totally change the philosophy of the club then that’s what we need to do. Man U are a club that has been built on the back of playing exciting football yet had no hesitation in hiring Mourinho. Do you think the supporters will care if they park the bus if he deliver titles?

Insanity is doing something over and over and expecting different results.

Chelsea done 3-0 at Stamford Bridge by Bournemouth.

1 Like
2 Likes

Disgraceful performance. Absolutely showed nothing today

COYS!

I think Dortmund only joined the EL after being knocked out of the group phase of the UCL, so I don’t think Auba is cup-tied.

I’m pretty sure Auba is cup tied unfortunately.

Still a great get no matter any way we look at it.

2 Likes

Spurs completely outplayed us. One of the worst performances we have put in for a long time. Probably for the season.

That own goal by Jones was absolutely awful

Jones looked better infront of goals than our strikers did. Was a textbook finish :rofl:

1 Like

Waited all day to get home and watch that tripe.

Farking typical though and I expected nothing less, so embarrassing to watch a game like that by us.

Jones… Fark off. He has been good this year but he should be straight out of the XI after that.

He conceded both our goals single handedly.

Love how quick the United crew in here turn on their own with a loss!

2 Likes

Acting like ace and black kav haven’t been posting here for years like that.

True I should be used to it. Suppose it’s a microcosm or Blitz and how as a collective we react to Essendon losing.

1 Like

The abuse is deserved. Nothing has changed at the club, keep throwing money at areas where we go ok and continue to ignore our defence which is still ordinary. This result has been coming for awhile

Should be a goalfest when we play you at OT then.

2 Likes

Well this starting xi could backfire something chronic.