EPL 2017/18 Thread

Manchester United have to be the most expensively assembled team in the world that have zero playing style whatsoever.

Liverpool with a routine 2-0 win against Southampton at St Mary’s. Bob and Mo the 1st half scorers.

2 Likes

Jose is cooked.

2 Likes

Firmino and Salah are a sublime partnership. Virgil totally bossed the defense against his former club.

Southampton have all the money in the world, they should not be in the relegation zone.

2 Likes

Just farken woeful. Every single player should be put on notice for that performance

EAD Alexis

5 Likes

Yep, reckon he is kicking himself for leaving a 6th placed side with no CL this year or next for a side sitting second and playing CL. I’m sure the extra £200k a week will help soften the blow

1 Like

The guy is never happy wherever he goes.

He prides himself on being a winner yet the way he conducts himself in a team environment is very unprofessional.

Won’t be long until he starts sulking.

1 Like

Just not good enough. Hopefully Smalling gets sold in the summer

One of the few clubs in the relegation mix that haven’t booted the manager. Pellegrino arguably looks as out of his depth as the rest of them. I didn’t have Saints in the mix to do down before the start of the season, but clearly they are a mess. They lack any threat going forward, and it’s not as if they have the ability of a Pardew/Allardyce/Hodgson team to just dog it, put 10 men behind the ball and play for a draw, or if you get lucky nick one on the counter. Currently occupy 18th, but given how tight it is in the lower half a win and a few results go their way they can jump up to 12th or 13th. With the title race over most of the interest will be on who avoids the drop from here…

Where are the people that keep telling me he’s going?

This guy wont be happy until we are in the championship.

http://dailycannon.com/2018/02/report-wenger-wants-5-years-arsenal/

Arsene Wenger reportedly wants to stay at Arsenal for another five season in order to reach 1,000 Premier League games.
On New Year’s Eve, Wenger overtook Sir Alex Ferguson’s record of 811 Premier League games in charge and, by the end of the season, the Frenchman will have reached 828.

However, according to the Daily Star, this isn’t enough. The 68-year-old has allegedly spoken to the club and wants to stay on board until he reaches the 1,000-game mark, which will take around five more years.

This would keep Wenger at Arsenal until the age of 73, two years older than Fergie when he retired.

The report comes from the Star, which obviously means it should be taken with a massive pinch of salt, and was published before Arsenal’s shameful 1-0 defeat to Spurs on Saturday afternoon.

It also sounds like a bit of a reach. Does Wenger really care about being in charge for 1,000 Premier League games?

It sounds unlikely.

But is speculating that Wenger could opt to extend his deal in north London further really that outlandish?

At the moment, the Frenchman has a year-and-a-half on his contract and I imagine he’ll see that out at the very least, but Wenger’s also shown time and time again that he doesn’t know when to say ‘enough’.

I know we joke about Wenger staying at Arsenal forever but I can genuinely see him refusing to leave despite the backlash he knows he would face from the fans and media.

If you read Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s recent comments about wanting longer to work with Wenger, they suggest that the boss could have told him he’s staying.

“Of course sometimes you need some refreshing,” Miki told ESPN Brasil. “And I think this was the best moment for me, because there were a few things that didn’t work out in Manchester… Because I was 29 years old, I wanted to play more, because I know that in a few years time I’ll be able to end my football career, and it’s very important for me to make my name bigger.

“That’s why, maybe, it was the best moment, and the best time to change something and to get a new challenge, a new club, and start everything from zero. I’ve learned a lot from my previous two managers, Klopp and Mourinho, and I want to learn more from Arsene Wenger as well. And it’s too early to compare them to each other, I still need time to work with Arsene Wenger. Of course from the time being here I’ve learned a lot already, and I want to learn more.”

Could Wenger have given the 29-year-old reassurances that he was staying if he wanted to work with him? Would Miki have turned down his move from Manchester United if Wenger was leaving soon?

On the other hand, I could just as easily see Wenger finally calling it a day after this season.

Everything surrounding Arsenal is up in the air at the moment and nothing feels certain.

1 Like

If that happens, I can’t wait to see Claude, Troopz and DT’s collective reactions on Arsenal Fan TV…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Arsenal’s shameful defeat?

Did they expect to romp home, or were they just so outclassed (except for Cech who kept them in it)?

Her Maj is said to have a soft spot for the Gunners (probably because the Battenbergs’ anti-Semitism comes to the fore).

A loss to our most fiercest rival is shameful.

Mate - We beat United a fortnight ago 2-0 and are about to give Juve a beat down in Turin.
No shame in losing to us.

Tounge firmly planted in cheek about the Italian job facing us Wednesday morning.

1 Like

I am very worried (Juve fan)

You are the kings of the clean sheet.
Nobody can score against you.

I don’t rate us against English teams

If you do you can witness another terrific ace meltdown.

2 Likes

Blud and fam

1 Like