EPL 2017/18 Thread

What the hell is going on at Arsenal?

Players clearly want Wenger out.

Wenger is killing Arsenal. Heā€™s too arrogant/deluded to resign. About time their ownership grew some balls and sacked him. In his own mind, Wenger founded Arsenal and the club owes him. He said during the week that heā€™d rejected Real Madrid and other big European clubs to stay. One things for sure, if he was at a club of that size and he went through the past 4-5 years of not challenging for titles heā€™d be gone within six months. Jose was rightā€¦

This guy speaks for all Arsenal supporters.

2 Likes
1 Like

Arsenal Fan TV is the gift that keeps on giving.

1 Like

I believe Real wanted him in 2009, but he rebuffed them due to thinking they were going to just throw money and buy players rather than build a team, like he wanted to. A bit of a joke since in that time Wenger has had the opportunity to build teams and achieved nothing.

1 Like

WengerIn

6 Likes
1 Like

He seems a little upset :joy::joy:

Wenger will not walk.

He has to be sacked but Iā€™m not sure that will happen either.

I reckon thereā€™s a clause in his contract, if you make Champions League you get an extension.

Can still make it through Europa or ā€˜mathematicallyā€™ can finish top 4.

Once both those avenues are exhausted I reckon he announces heā€™s leaving.

Board too gutless to sack him.

Iā€™m interested to hear what some of the Arsenal fans are thinking right now.

Iā€™ve watched every interview on Arsenal Fan TV today after that Brighton match, not to revel in the Gunners misery or anything but because I was genuinely interested to hear what the fans had to say.

Myself, Barnz, Ace etc have all been through a similar situation post-Fergie where the club went into free fall and the players were not playing for the manager(s) and we were seen as a laughing stock on and off the pitch for a long time and we are only now starting to turn that around.

I am not saying we are world beaters now because we are far from that, but we are in a far better position than where we were and at least from the outside, it appears that we are making strides forward on and off the pitch.

Some fans on Arsenal Fan TV want him gone immediately (probably 90%), a few wanted him to see out the Milan games in the EUROPA and judge him off those performances and the rest wanted to give him until the end of the season but the general consensus throughout all of interviews was that, this had to be his last season. Full stop.

So Iā€™m interested to hear from you guys as to what you want, @The_Mad_Bomber my fellow Laker brother, how are you feeling?

ā– ā– ā– ā–  em all.

#wengerin

#bringbackbrendan

3 Likes

OHHHHHHHH ARSENAL WE LOVE YOU

Not sure how I feel to be totally honest. I was not totally suprised that we didnā€™t win this morning, I still needed to mull over the news and let it wash over me that we actually lost when I heard it, even though I knew it was likely to be true.

I still canā€™t help but wonder who replaces him and is that person likely to be any better? As @smooth can and possibly will attest that I was still wanting Hird in the job leaving the ground after watching Essendon get hammered by the crows in what turned out to be his last game coaching Essendon. I have a similar feeling of resignation (no pun intended) then as now and we all know what happened a few days after that loss. I think people wanting the club to fail in Europa are lower than whale poo because in my opinion that is not what a true fan does, says or inflicts on fellow fans.

I get that he is dividing the club and the fanbase, I do. I also think that he has done a lot for the club, perhaps nobody has done more. There are a lot of relevant comparisons between Essendon (Essington) and Arsenal (perhaps when we Essington it up we can be called Arselol?)

It looks pretty clear that there is something not right on non-matchdays and it is probably worse on match days. Unlike with Hird, I think the owners are pretty much in Wengerā€™s corner. It looks as though Wenger has lost the players and when that happens then any coach/manager is virtually dead in the water.

I was excited about the prospect of change towards the end of last season, because I hoped Arsene was probably going to see sense, although to beat the chavs in the FA Cup with some key players out was something of a masterstroke and made me hope that maybe he was going to make the soufle rise twice (like that French reference?)

BK, even when you guys were down I still think you were more competitive than we have been, but were our 3-0 losses to City any worse than what the chavs did today? Have not seen much of any of those games, but there has been some comment about the tactics of the chavs today. It is no crime to lose to City but to lose to Brighton and Hove Albion is not likely to be repeated by teams that win the Premiership too often. No disrespect to them. I hardly know anyone on their team other than Matty Ryan, but that is my ignorance, not playing any EPL Fantasy Football for two seasons is a major factor there.

I have not and probably will not watch the Arsenal Fan TV stuff, it is not helping and is most likely to have a negative effect. I do get that it is how people want to vent and I am not going to tell them how to conduct themselves but keep it the fu@k away from me, I donā€™t want to see it.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know about that. We were pretty damn poor but in saying that, as Arsenal and United fans, the expectations based off of previous success for both of our clubs is immense. We both have such proud and rich histories.

On the City thing, there is no shame in lowering your colours to City IMO, no matter who plays them this year in the Prem, it isnā€™t a matter of which team will win, it is a matter of how many will they put past a team and how many will they win by. Plain and simple. In saying that, I think the worst thing that could have happened to you guys is playing them two times in a row in the matter of a few days.

I think whatever confidence the players at Arsenal had, was totally eviscerated after playing City twice in a row.

You have quality players and you are capable of playing great football, you just look like a team that has had its heart ripped out at the moment.

Selling Sanchez, let alone to arguably your biggest rival, seemed to be yet another reason for fans to be frustrated with Wenger and I must admit, I will be forever thankful for this but, I can ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  see why you guys have had enough.

Iā€™m just interested what happens from here. What Iā€™d give to be a fly on the wall in the lead up to the Milan game.

1 Like

Canā€™t blame Arsenal for losing. Brighton and Hove Albion are 2 teams.

2 Likes

Another very underwhelming United performance. Will do well to get a point out of this

Never confident when we play Palace.

We do an Essington where we go in expecting them to just hand over the points and then lose 1 or 2 nil.