EPL 2022/23

Lol give it a rest. Far from a putrid performance. Up until the last 15 minutes when United were completely out on their feet, was the only time in the game where Arsenal dominated. I think most Arsenal fans admit that would of been their toughest game at the Emirates all year.

1 Like

Truly great win by the Gunners, and apparently an absolutely brilliant game.

City on Friday away in the FA Cup, and then in a league game at the Emirates on the 15th. Those will be interesting games. Between the two we have Everton away and Brentford at home.

1 Like

The crowd noise from the Nketiah goal and the final whistle are as loud as Iā€™ve ever heard the Emirates. Incredible that weā€™re only halfway through the league. But this team doesnā€™t look soft like previous Arsenal teams.

2 Likes

They are a mentally weak and spineless side. Play to the final whistle you cowards and stop switching off at the death.
We started on but geez I thought we were really poor for long periods and invited them to attack at will.

The last few days:

Conceded to Palace in the 91st minute to cost them the full 3 pointsā€¦

Conceded to Arsenal in the 90th minute to cost them a pointā€¦

Definitely some lapses happening late that have now cost them any genuine chance of contending. They need to sort it out.

It was already fairly obvious that this title race was down to Arsenal and Man City but results in last few hours have now absolutely confirmed this.

They were never in a title race this season. It was only the delusional fans that started bringing this up because we beat City last weekend.
Yes itā€™s been a frustrating couple of games conceding late goals but these things happen.
Doesnā€™t help that the squad is already paper thin and then on top of that have to play a midweek game and then lose our best and most important player for the best team in the comp.
Put your hand up if you thought weā€™d be fighting for top 4 this season, particularly after our first two disaster games at the start of the seasonā€¦

3 Likes

I didnā€™t get to watch the second half, unfortunately I needed some sleep before going to work and around 4 hours was the least I would allow myself. What I saw in the first half though was an Arsenal team that was a constant threat but couldnā€™t quite finish (barring Nketiahā€™s goal). By half time MU had had two shots actual at goal for 1 score (a lovely strike by Rashford from a poor pass attempt by Partey), but even those were both taken from outside the box because Arsenal were fairly tight defensively.

I said earlier that I would wait to give a verdict on our chances until after we had met City, but there is no denying we are a real threat for the title. There is a real steel with this side and I am just sitting back enjoying the show. Now if only Essendon can develop the same appetite for the game as these boys.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just got this feeling that out of 6 possible points, Arsenal need to get a minimum 2 points from the City games.

Very very helpful that the first of their league meetings is at the Emirates.

1 Like

Very weak performance emblematic of the last 5+ years of united, the jobs not over until youre celebrating on the bus at the end of the season clowns

Haaland goes a lazy 10 clear at the top of the goal table.

2 Likes

Poor defending for all 3 goals. No one marking Nketiah for his pair and I bet in training all week they would have said a thousand times Saka loves to cut inside and have a dig with his left.
But to go down 3-2 away to the leaders and joint favourite for the title is a good effort I reckon.

2 Likes

Given how far off they were last year, things have changed a lot in a short time under a new coach. They may not contend this year, but the team structure is so much better without Ronaldo, and things seem to be headed in the right direction.

2 Likes

edit

wrong

What bit?

i had the scores wrong thought united was ahead more later in the game

Tell Ace. Heā€™s slaughtering them.

theres still hangover of mental midgetry

They deserve it. Itā€™s one thing to lose which I can accept because they were clearly the better side but to concede injury time goals in consecutive games is pathetic and an indictment on these clowns that they canā€™t play to the whistle. The golden rule is ā€œif in doubt, hoof it outā€. Take the draw and get the hell out of therr.

And to think, going back to a Euro final especially, they were the best at getting a result at 90 minutes.

The Ev have sacked Frank Lampard. Favourites for the now vacant role are ex-Burney manager Sean Dyche and former Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa.