Equalisation - It's on the way

Methinks Matt Finnis has been pulling too many levers recently.

One in particular........................................

And seriously is this a PA issue? Wouldn't one think that the PA would support clubs providing the best possible environment for their players? Wouldn't they be encouraging other clubs to lift their games in this area?
This guy is as transparent as a wet gelatine leaf .......and as slimy.

Some funnies from twitter @titusoreily

But to help out, here are some thoughts on how to ‘equalise‘ the AFL.

Every year, the eight finalists are given new coaches depending on where they finish. For example, the Premier gets Mark Neeld , the runner-up gets Danny Frawley and so on until Matthew Knights.

Each team is given a five year plan written by Cameron Schwab that they must follow.

The ladder will be scrapped and replaced with a ‘Premiership circle‘.

Terry Wallace will become list manager for any club that finishes with a winning record.

A forced march of thousands of Richmond, Carlton, Hawthorn and Collingwood members to Greater Western Sydney will occur each February. They will be then resettled as Giants

To bring the size of Collingwood‘s membership base back in line with other clubs, individuals who marry family members will be ineligible for membership.

The Brownlow will become a ‘Best Clubman‘ award and each club will get a turn at winning it, starting with Adelaide and proceeding alphabetically, then repeating. This system was actually in place in 2000 before being scrapped after only one year.

After a game, both team‘s club songs will be sung by everyone while holding hands. Every player and fan will also be allowed to do the cool ‘yellow and black‘ bit from Richmond‘s song.

And seriously is this a PA issue? Wouldn't one think that the PA would support clubs providing the best possible environment for their players? Wouldn't they be encouraging other clubs to lift their games in this area?
This guy is as transparent as a wet gelatine leaf .......and as slimy.

Hmmm, so the clubs are spending more on stuff FOR the players than ON the players... So we should reduce spending FOR the players to get paid more but become a lesser athlete... 

Did I translate the AFLPA correctly?

If the AFL refuses to let a club die a natural death, then they are just bringing these problems on themselves.

Call me an anarchist but I'd rather see teams either move elsewhere or merge, or fail if they aren't good enough. If a club is gong to fail then I wouldn't really mind if they got a one-off hand-out from the AFL if they had a plan to get out out of trouble (and a majority of the clubs voted in favour).

I think the current system is completely flawed. It should be about the best clubs playing each other and competing on and off the field, not about money and manufactured entertainment. Any changes to the comp or the rules just to suit Tv rights are infuriating etc...

The AFL are intent on having 18 teams but a competition that never changes is stagnant and boring. (Yes I know we have 2 new teams but they have been completely manufactured through hand-outs which is why they will suck until they get some culture - which won't come while they remain a generic AFL franchise). There are natural laws that ensure only the strongest survive, propping up the ■■■■■ clubs at the expense of the better clubs is dumb.

I'd like to think that Essendon is as strong as it's supporter base and that's all we need. We buy enough membership's etc to ensure we have a strong club and we can all chip in a little bit extra when times are tough. Propping up crap teams just to make up numbers has some kind of Orwellian feel to it that just makes me feel sick in the stomach.

Yeh… because i want my money going to the ■■■■■■■ bulldogs and north. Especially since they had our backs in the supplement scandal. ■■■■ off communists.

If the AFL thinks people are just going to buy memberships like normal, when the $$$ aren’t going to their own club. They’ve got rocks in their head. My membership ensures that I support the club on and off the field.

If they take this away and the money is put into a huge pot, there is no way I’ll be purchasing a membership.

If the AFL thinks people are just going to buy memberships like normal, when the $$$ aren't going to their own club. They've got rocks in their head. My membership ensures that I support the club on and off the field.
If they take this away and the money is put into a huge pot, there is no way I'll be purchasing a membership.

Not sure about that (in general I mean). 

How many would simply not renew their membership and stop going to games alltogether? 

I don't think it would actually be very many at all. The AFL treat everyone with contempt year after year and if anything crowds and memberships continue to increase rather than decrease. 

This will happen and it will be no different. 

Also sounds like exactly the kind of stunt that AD would pull on his way out.....

My issue with this is that at North Melbourne, they were offered not a life raft but a magic carpet directly into paradise, where they could have become the Gold Coast side. Brayshaw told them to get farked, and now they are where they are. You can't have it both ways, you don't get to do it the hard way then make sure everyone else assists you in that. You were offered your help and you rejected it.

Can I just say fark Andy D?
Sorry I really needed to get that out of my system.

Why bother. They want homogeneity across every aspect of the game.

And those referring to super league, I’m pretty sure all the big grounds are locked up for AFL. If only we had a facility which was purpose built to replicate the states 2 largest grounds, then I’d say you were cookin

As said above and in the article, if this were to come in, why would Collingwood bother going out to try and secure 100k members or multi-million dollar sponsorship deals if part of it will be taken away from them?

Because they would only lose a fraction of it, not the entire thing. There is still incentive enough to go out and get more members and bigger sponsorships than your rivals.

■■■■ off AFL!!!

My hard earned money goes to my club,not pissant peasant clubs who are in their situations due to years of managerial incompetence & lack of appeal to their own pissweak fans…

Why the hell should we & other strong clubs pick up the slack??

Fark that…we shouldn’t have to share our drugs with anyone!

Score equalisation will come into effect soon, so all games will end up being a draw.

This is the fairest a competition can get.

All ■■■■ clubs should be allowed uncontrolled use of peptides because they turned us into a power house

Oh, and forget buying memberships, cash donations only for the "equalisation fund".

Instead of buying Essendon memberships and have the money siphoned off to Norf, why don’t we take out the middle man and buy 50000 Norf memberships directly instead.

Once we attain a majority we’ll just hold a general meeting and vote to voluntarily wind up the club.

All players who run a top 10% 20m sprint will be forced to wear ankle weights for the duration of the game.

Players who come into a physical altercation with Robin Nahas will have to equalize for his lack of heart and ■■■■ their pants.