Ess vs. Saints review thread

I think the short turn around and game in the heat out west took it out of them. We looked flat and lacked run, so I wonder if the recovery thru the week was really managed as well as needed.

Interesting that Freo also struggled and lost to a team they should really have beaten.

Poorly coached.

Poor endeavour.

Poor skills.

Poor decision making.

Poor umpiring. Very, very poor. Can anyone tell me why the Howlett free where he handballed to Myers was reversed? Is this a new rule created tonight during the game?

We just lost to St Kilda. This is a club that immolates little people and harbours  (alleged) sex offenders. Wake up, Essendon. This year is not a free ■■■■■■■ pass because our real coach is taking a parisian sojourn.

ROPE

A

DOPE

Played into St Kildas hands. Chip side ways, backwards, never venture from the boundary. No space in the forward line. Not for the first time this year we were genuinely boring to watch.

It was not just an extremely poor night by the players but coaches. And the supporters aswell, 36k for a home game against a Vic club?? Our supporter base is over rated. 60k legit members? LOL please.

Only a premiership at the end of the year will allow me to get over this loss. Absolutely unacceptable effort. Seriously out-coached, which is depressing; took halfway into the last quarter (when the game was already over) to make a switch with our KPP’s.

After quarter time, our midfield was non-existent except for probably Stanton, who ran his ■■■■ off and capitalised up forward. Over-committing to tackles, missing basic passes and too much pointing without anyone actually working hard defensively. I’m disgusted and we’re gonna go down by 60+ next week if we churn out anything similar to that.

Fingers crossed we get Winderlich and Goddard back next week…badly needed.

Smells of Brisbane last year.

The

Mods will merge this… I typed too slowly - was no other thread at the time, but I can see no option to delete…

The other one is not official though.

Just plain embarrassing

Is Matthew Knights still the coach?

What a joke. Not much I can really say except:

• I'm farking filthy with Carlisle's 'effort' tonight. He needs to at least act like he wants to be out there.
  • Too many players went missing throughout the game.
  • Gleeson is continuing to impress.

Despite all the ■■■■ that was served up tonight I reckon we'll beat Collingwood on ANZAC Day.

What we are missing the most, is belly

Bbbbbut Tom Harley and the media experts told us how much fkn better off we are without Hird and the improvement we’ve made under Bomber.

FARK OFF.

Same Chinese takeaway selling sh-t in a tray.

Belly in the goal square is vital.

Alan Richardson - WSPHU.

I hope they don’t come out all week and talk to the media about how they’ll try harder, they’re disappointed, blah, blah, blah, like Carlton have done. We have done this in the past and it gets old quick.

Just go train, find a good game plan and smash the Pies on Friday.

How’s Ashbys effort out on the wing in the last

Pretty fckn good.

What a joke. Not much I can really say except:

• I'm farking filthy with Carlisle's 'effort' tonight. He needs to at least act like he wants to be out there.
  • Too many players went missing throughout the game.
  • Gleeson is continuing to impress.

Despite all the **** that was served up tonight I reckon we'll beat Collingwood on ANZAC Day.

Makes no sense based on form lines.  Which, given the way this year has panned out, means there's a pretty good chance it will happen.

The good is we've tried to play the same tactic for all 5 games this season. The bad is that we've played enough games now for other teams to figure out how to stop it.

I'm fairly sure the saints first 6 or 7 came from turnovers with very little pressure on the kicker in our back half but a lot of pressure to whom they were kicking it to.

On TV they were screaming that our forwards didn't to much, but to be honest i'm not sure they could do much when we were struggling to get it past the half way mark.

StKilda killed us on possession and killed us with defensive work.

Zaharakis started well and faded.

Watson seems unsure where he is supposed to be. He perhaps tried to do it all but could do little in the end. I'm not sure this game plan works well for him.

Melksham as a forward doesn't seem right.

Hocking I didn't see much of.

Gleeson continues to impress.

Stanton really worked hard and gave us options whenever he could.

Paddy gave us some good taps and some leads late in the game.

Myers did go in for repeated efforts.

Our forward line needs stability! I don't want to see more changes in key positions in the forward or backline. The midfield i'm sure would like to learn who to kick to as well from time to time.

If I had to sum up tonight in one or two words it would be 'confused' and 'unsure'.

hahahaha

we arent very good

Lack of movement when we had the ball was startling - not much happening at all. I understand the logic of retaining possession (and taken to its logical end, it means a lot of kicking backwards and sideways), but it can't be at the expense of moving the ball forward.

Belly wouldn’t make that much difference, we played Ryder by himself for periods lat year.