Essendon 2020 hype thread

Remember when the internet was relatively new (circa 98 to 04’s) and you could enjoy an offseason without the constant garbage ‘social media’ (twitter etc) trade speculation? Every post in the forums was usually in the general gibberish boards, or people talking about the best highlights of the season past. I remember uploading videos (all 4mb in size) via dialup for a select few to enjoy, due to youtube not being a thing.

11 Likes

Makes me depressed to reminisce on the olden days.

We’re ■■■■■■. So ■■■■■■ I almost want to laugh.

1 Like

New username to emerge in blitz Ryder2Shiel. Book it!

@SMJ stole my bit so we’re ■■■■■■ now

1 Like

Least we have each other?

1 Like

They took half a day on my 32kbs dialup interwebz to load…but they were worth it.

1 Like

HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

1 Like

Ryderismagiclikestars

2 Likes

LET’S GET LOUD

1 Like

Tribute to you my friend! If you double down then we’re definitely gonna ■■■■■■■ win

It would take a very very good and ruthless trade period to get me even slightly excited for next season

6 Likes

At least going into next season we know we’re crap and we’d be lucky to win enough games to just scrape into the 8.

But the last pre season there was all the Shiel hype, the Daniher return and another year of stringer, saad and smith adjusting to the team. Also a very strong finish to our second half of the season. All aboard the hype train.

Next year we’ll be going into Rd1 vs the swans with a cooked Hurley and hooker taking Franklin and Daniher and Ryder as our starting ruck. At least we all agree we’re ■■■■■■

1 Like

ShielBeRyder

10 Likes

You know you can’t trade coaches right

2 Likes

End thread, with Fantasia, Daniher, Francis our the door 2020 is going to be one sick season.

Reading this thread, 2021 can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

Can actually see us going backwards next year unfortunately.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I can see it too.

1 Like

We’re going to win the fkg flag. Joe is going to be finger twirling his way to the tonne, while Raz is going to be the dynamic presence that we’ve all missed so much. With Joe going crazy, Hooker at FF will kick 50, and Stringer will run rampant with 65 goals. Draper will be playing seniors by round 5 and will be the dominant force that drives our midfield resurgence, while Heppell will be feeding the quality runners all day. Zac will be back to his best. Shiel will be dominant through the middle. Conor will take his game to the next level and will be unstoppable, while Ambrose, Hurley and Francis will be the cool heads in defence.

4 Likes

At least Zlarke will be fit to help out Ryder take on the Sydney talls.

2 Likes