Essendon def Essendon - GWS gifted win - review

Injuries: Essendon (bullet in foot)

Proud of the team today, so farking close to pulling one out of the bag. Let’s hope we can bring something like that to WA next week.

Less of an ‘Honourable Loss’ as it was a game we should have won.

Won’t get too many more chances like that one.

Scoreline flattering to GWS

***k them and their fake club

Toby Greene is downhill skiing ■■■■.

Six frees in their forward 50. Probably 1 justifiable. 1 goal refer umpire goal taken from us. High tackles need to apply to EFC players. FOUR umpires on the field.

We did well given the conditions we were forced to play under. Go Dons.

That’s left a bitter taste as I felt we could have won that but there were several moments that we cooked it. Set shots that should have been kicked and free kicks that should have been paid. Still immensely proud and ran to cheer squad to clap the boys off

We’ll win more than one game this year if we can play like that more than once.

Decent effort.

just give me the Tippa bump gif and I will be happy.

The ironic thing is after years of drafting half back flankers for fun we have a severe lack of quality half back flankers. Especially one’s with good footskills. It is killing us.

Dempsey and Gleeson have real question marks in this department. And Ashby did his job pretty well tonight but again, polished kicking isn’t his forte either.

Do any of the guys coming back help us dramatically in this area? Hibberd can be damaging at times on his left and he seems the one most likely to go elsewhere.

20+ Inside 50’s in the last quarter, and didn’t make it count. Dempsey’s and Gleeson’s decision making at different points both killed our momentum.

I expect all the people who shout “I just want to see some effort” will now be shouting “we need to kick better” because it turns out they don’t just want to see some effort.

This one hurts because it was self-inflicted. We threw it away and gave it to those arseholes and that’s a ■■■■■, because who knows how many more chances they will get to win a game this year.

We really weren’t far off winning that. A couple of better umpiring decisions, a couple of shots taken instead of missed and we were there.

More efforts like that with a bit better execution will go a long way to making sure we don’t get the number one pick.

The ironic thing is after years of drafting half back flankers for fun we have a severe lack of quality half back flankers. Especially one's with good footskills. It is killing us.

Dempsey and Gleeson have real question marks in this department. And Ashby did his job pretty well tonight but again, polished kicking isn’t his forte either.

Do any of the guys coming back help us dramatically in this area? Hibberd can be damaging at times on his left and he seems the one most likely to go elsewhere.

Oirish.

Toby Greene is a ■■■■.
Fixed

Imagine a world where the umpires decisions were reviewed fairly and openly, and we could see that they were demoted for poor performance.

Was awesome, but I’m with Peos that less of an honourable loss than it is one that got away. They were ripe for the taking.

Liked Ashby