Essendon def Geelong 110-93 Review Thread

Agree. because we always had an answer to their every goal, until the last quarter. That is what broke them.

A lot was made of their last quarter but our first was better

2 Likes

Nah, we thought the game was won and put the cue in the rack.

Just made a bit of an effort for a few minutes at the end just to finish them off as good teams do.

No worries.*

• I was swearing my head off like the rest of you, so may not be true.
3 Likes

ESSENDON v GEELONG
9 Joe Daniher (Ess)
7 Michael Hurley (Ess)
5 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Ess)
4 Dyson Heppell (Ess)
3 Orazio Fantasia (Ess)
1 Zach Merrett (Ess)
1 Zac Smith (Geel)

Daniher 5, 4
Walla 0, 5
Hurley 4, 3
Fanta 3, 0
Heppell 2, 2
Zerrett 1, 0
Geelong player 0,1

Strange votes really. Aligns with what we are seeing in the Nobby voting.

Music to my ears when I hear that certain parts of the media didn’t rate our win.

4 Likes

Comedic relief at its best

Yeah but I’m worried now because that pillock King loves us and rates us. Everything that moron says is usually so far off the mark :grinning:

1 Like

Not sure it’s been mentioned but Shaw in his preview picked how Essendon would win the game and the margin

13 Likes

Maybe Kingy barracked for us as kid, has been one of the few in the media that has been enthusiastic about our list in recent years.
Don’t mind that.

1 Like

Fixed.

He’s worse than Joe.

Zac Smith got a vote. Interesting???

2 Likes

He can kick 50 on the run. It’s his set shots he struggles.

Yeah dingus is being a pretty sensitive petal here IMO.

1 Like

How do we know it isn’t

Daniher 5 4
Hurley 2, 5
Tippa 3 2
Heppell 4 0
Fanta 0. 3
Merrett 1
Geelong guy 1

1 Like

If you look at it pragmatically It’s kinda true.

Geelong were pretty much in neutral for most of the night, and then turned it on for 15 m ins and still almost could have easily won the game.

We Definately played well, and if we had a better skilled/decision making side we could have should have beaten them by 50 plus points.
We got alot of it but re watching the game, man there was alot of skill errors that an inform and firing top side like Geelong should be, they’d have killed us for the mistakes we dished up.

I know the usual suspects will come in and crap on about how i’m negative blah blah.

We beat them fair and square yes, we played probably to 70% of our true capacity.
Geelong prolly played at close to 30-40%.

as a small example and going way way way back to 2000 when the dogs beat us, would you say essendon that night played to their fullest potential ?
of course not.
does that matter ? no cos we still lost the game.

We won yes, But geelong are in strugglesville.

They were in neutral? Once the ball was on the move, we absolutely kicked their backsides.

2 Likes

Couldnt agree more. Would love a straight swap of the VFL commentary team to the AFL commentary team. of just sack the AFL commentray team and let the VFL team do all of it

4 Likes

Over which bit?

I don’t reckon you see many AFL players, let alone captains, have to tell a bloke to ■■■■ off so they can properly line up their shot on goal.

To say that happens all the time at this level just isn’t true.