Essendon def Geelong 110-93 Review Thread

So you actually think Tippa is the worst set shot you’ve ever seen? Worse than Casboult?

Really

Think you’ll fine EFC has scored the most goals from kick in’s in the AFL this year.

1 Like

Casboult got a goal kicking coach and is kicking at close to 70% this year.

We should try getting a goal kicking coach.

What the?

4 Likes

Your first thought was correct - Hartley was awful, like the last time he played on hawkins.

2 Likes

No surprise that Essendon and Fremantle tailed off in the last quarter - Playing a game in 30c in May will affect you the next week.

2 Likes

Are you for real or do you just love your opinions so much you can’t let them go?

Players angrily yell at each other all the time, over all sorts of things. We saw Phil Davis smash Rory Lobb in the chest just the other day. ffs.

Players aren’t meek, if there’s something to sort out, they will.

You seem overly sensitive to anyone that disagree’s with your opinion, please tell me i’m arguing with an adult and
not a 15 yr old. Otherwise, i’m gonna feel very foolish.

1 Like

I’d go with your last sentence if I were you.

Overly sensitive, says the guy bringing in personal insults because I disagree with his opinion.

lol, your young. Sorry.

Having joined not yet a month ago on April 20, … no matter how old you are chita, … you’re but an infant in a Blitz sense.

Ding’s not as old as some here ( did someone say Noonan ?? ), but he sure ain’t no young’n.

If you exercised the good practice to look at his join date before you start slinging out stuff like that, … you’d probably be able to extrapolate that one out for yourself.

1 Like

Is that what they all wore at the Shanghai game?

The bolded comment is correct and enough. I hate stats but the tackle stats told the tale of the night. You want to focus on errors we made? I didn’t see many. You state that Geelong played at 30-40%. Reason? Perhaps it was our defensive pressure. Something you often harp on - justifiably - but NOT an issue on Saturday night.

Yes, we played well. Enjoy it, for God’s sake.

2 Likes

More likely the six day break coming back from Perth. Or 4 games in 18 days.

But I think the last quarter was more about Geelong taking risks than us being tired.

1 Like

You might want to sit this one out, I reckon.

And don’t laugh at my children.

8 Likes

No idea how old dingus is, but the dingus is to be respected as wise and gracious.

Look, everyone sees things differently, but really it’s irrelevant whether they lost or we won, maybe both?
If things were reversed, Geelong would have smashed us in the first 3/4, and we would have staged a comeback in the 4th and failed… and people would say Geelong played to their potential in the first 3/4 but took their foot of our throats in the 4th.
So maybe we played to Geelongs potential for 3/4?
Maybe our potential is better than we give ourselves credit for?
The facts are, that our best is awesome, but so is that of other teams. Some teams can produce their best more often, or for sustained periods (4qtrs or weeks on end), which is what we need to work on. Also Geelong have now lost 3 in a row (or did the other teams win?), which is something we haven’t managed to do this season, so what does that say about have their potential? We just beat a top 4 side, so we now have the belief we can beat good teams.
I don’t like to read too much into things. The way we played in all of our wins this year (great start, fight off a comeback) is similar to the Freo game that we lost. Fitness, experience late in games and team chemistry will improve, and we will get ourselves in some good positions to win games, whether we win them or not will come down to a bit of luck on the day.

5 Likes

One thing I liked about the last quarter - the players were still taking the game on.

1 Like

We’ve played 3 games in 19 days including a trip back from a really hot Perth game.

Add to the fact that Geelong have won 27 out of their last 30 second halves (I believe the commentators said this at one point)

That last quarter comeback was going to happen whether we like it or not.

Stuff like what?
Why would I care when he joined or anyone else for that matter?