Essendon def Geelong 110-93 Review Thread

I’ve not had a problem with 10. Truth be told I could barely tell the difference between 7 & 10.

Did you do it as an upgrade or a fresh install?

2 Likes

People still use computers?

Yeah, upgrade. But it really has a lot of crap going on that is unnecessary, which is often the case with an OS, but the difference is you can’t turn them off.

It reminds me of bloatware on a phone you don’t want, but can’t remove.

Also, if you look into (Google) “Win 10, privacy concerns”, you’ll find they are collecting google/facebook style personal data & tracking to onsell & make a buck or Billion. It’s not great, and again, you can’t avoid it, or get rid of it.

But basically, even though M/soft said my laptop was suitable for Win 10, when I spoke to the Manufacturer tech help, he said it really wasn’t designed to run that OS.

Funny thing though, nearly every computer nerd/tech guy I’ve spoken to in the past 6 months, including the tech help dude of my ISP, ( who spoke to me for near an hour on this beyond our discussion re wi fi /connection dropouts he was obliged to ), have said they all have already, or are soon going to, do exactly the same thing, gone or go back to Win 7 64 bit.

With him (ISP guy), he shared the pain of the inexplicable 100% disk usage which is a very wide experience with W10 users,and he, like me, had come up with no answer despite weeks of searching and trying suggested fixes. This is just the latest pain in the Aarse with this OS IME, and is the end for it, for me.

Oh my days. Thankyou!

1 Like

Never had a good experience with an upgrade install, of any version of Windows.

And please tell me you didn’t unselect the ad services etc!

It seems they took note of the uproar and tweaked it,… and apparently will again in a future update, but even then …

Edit: The Creators update came out in April, but they promptly told people not to install it as it’s quite buggy. Apparently you really can’t do it yourself.

The best thing about Windows 10 upgrade was the rollback feature, which I promptly used

1 Like

Missed it by a day…

Keep it to footy please.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I can’t believe people aren’t happy

I was dead set certain we would lose when they got that run on

2 Likes

We actually have @Paul_Peos to thank. After they kicked their 6th goal for the quarter ( which was interspersed with one from us) he got up and stormed off. JD then slotted that beauty. He came back and i said you just missed an absolutely ripper from JD and he said ‘yep, it worked’.

3 Likes

6 Likes

It’s remarkable how many times me going for a p*iss or a smoke, has totally changed the momentum of a game.

2 Likes

redacted.

Thanks Sal.

@Henry_s_Angry_Pills

Dat Tippa goal…

Fair point well made

Tippa deserves at least some of the credit.