Essendon defeated Carlton - Round 20

Big questions need to be asked and addressed come seasons end.

5 Likes

Will take winning ugly over losing.

■■■■ Carlton

14 Likes

Well if merett goes for a week we might be in big trouble. I’m worried about their talls. We definitely can’t play like we did against the dogs because Adelaide will tear us apart on the turnover.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/-yQwQac8T5BvjsdYgST0V03tXrmP7MB_5ETSv09wPmjt58sn3rmgguLQvSdbt_4sDpew_-3K=w512-h287-nc

Sign Tippa for a further 3 year extension…

2 Likes

We’ll beat Adelaide. It’s what we do. Disgraceful effort today, then produce a effort like the saints game and win. Nothing surer

3 Likes

Imagine if Cale Hooker could kick straight. Crikey.

4 Likes

Cb will be ropeable he didnt get 14 disposals.

1 Like

Worst win I’ve had the pleasure of attending

3 Likes

We didnt look like it we needed a star in the last quarter, a james hird performance to will us over the line.

Enter Tippa

He just wanted the win/finals chance.

That goal where 2 players trying to tackle him and he just stands up and slots the goal.

Hooker did well too got us in front but geez those points could have been costly.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t mind a ruckman like Kreuzer in our team.

1 Like

Well they’re the type we lost against the Bears and Siddley
So that’s some painful improvement.
No Fanta and possibly Zach on top of this performance will make for interesting reading in the changes thread
Clutching at straws but in the eight is in the eight.

2 Likes

On the bench for the last two minutes: Watson, Howlett, Myers (and Fantasia). I think the coaches might just have caught on.

19 Likes

Positive is that that’s a game we would normally drop.

Negatives are literally everything else about that game that got us into this position in the first place. Fkn horrendous game.

If our season wasn’t already dead then Raz’s injury made sure of it.

2 Likes

Your probably right
More like 99.99% right

But imagine the ■■■■ storm if we decide at the end of this week when we are in the 8 to start playing the kids and planning for next year lol

1 Like

In the end, we trolled FC pretty good. We were absolute trash for pretty much the last 80 percent of the match save Tippa and won anyway… I’ll take some perverse thrill out of that and move on.

But this team isn’t doing ■■■■■ in September.

With 3 minutes to go and up by a couple of points I was ready to get bent over, so at least that didn’t happen.
So yeah, nah all good.

1 Like

The meaning of life?
Hooker forward or back?

2 Likes

I may have gotten a little emotional in the game day thread. Apologies if I offended anyone.

10 Likes

Hepp and Tippa massive class in the last quarter.

Shocking game.