Essendon Football Club Mt Rushmore

Agreed. He would be very deserving.

You make a good point. The case against though is that he had 1 Brownlow in his career (the other was awarded posthumously) but more to the point I remember that my father, who would have seen many of his games, tole me he had a reputation for not performing in finals.

IMHO I Think Sheeds deserves it not only for being a four flag coach but for turning the whole club’s culture around to get them; for driving professional coaching in football; for increasing its popularity around the country; and for championing indigenous footballers. He really is a legend of football, not just EFC.

2 Likes

Never won a premiership as captain or coach either, which works against him in the leadership stakes. He’s more the Ulysses S. Grant to Coleman’s Abe Lincoln

Only 13 players made the first round of Legends, he was one of them. Being in the top 13 past players at the time to have ever played isnt something to sneeze at.

It’s crazy that we had 3 out of the 13.

1 Like

Does this mean Michael Long gets his own mountain carving just down the road?

4 Likes

Ricky Mott x4

I am gonna go out on a limb here and suggest a few indigenous blokes aren’t too crash hot on the idea of a rushmore or being on a replica.

Something something about First Nations peoples in the Americas.

But yeah if it was at tulla jt would be a tacky concrete or fibreglass job in the aussie tradition of big things… So maybe ok.

Spray paint job on the neighbouring concrete warehouse

1 Like

Then its def got a bit of Melbourne about it.

Ashby
Dalgleish
Giles
Gregory

2 Likes

Reynolds, Coleman, Sheedy, Hird, Sam Draper

3 Likes

Just do the Daniher brothers. Theres four of em.

3 Likes

Just me in four different poses

Bradley Plain,
Greg Anderson,
Anthony Antrobus
David Grenvold.

2 Likes

Ricky Dyson and a third rounder

4 Likes

Phil Carmen

James Davies
Kepler Bradley
Elliott Kavanagh
David Myers

Roger Merret, John Barnes, Mark Harvey, Ronnie Andrews ,… if we’re talking about guys being carved out of Rock.

2 Likes

The get a big dog up ya guy. And the bloke standing next to him.

3 Likes

ANZAC Day girl
DJR bowing