Essendon future discussion with Robert Shaw on Lunchtime Catch Up Podcast

Better trade discussion than trade Radio :slight_smile: and no ads!

1 Like

Lol
Not sure about that but cheers

Really enjoyed this episode boys, great to hear some insights from the great man.

Might go throw a few pineapples on Steinberg for the brownlow next year too.

you seem very keen on Jack martin. Did you watch a fair bit of his under 18 year?

I get the feeling Robert Shaw and you guys are pretty bullish about our list for next year.

If Ridley/Redman and Francis play most of the games next year i think it will be a great development year for them individually.

Good podcast. Always like Robert Shaw and completely agree with what he said. Especially at the start about building a coaching system and being ruthless about standards etc. If we allow season lapses like we had it doesnā€™t matter who we recruit.

We have a great list, all we need to do is continue to devolop it. The last thing I want to happen is say we get another 3 good players and start to think itā€™s all going to happen.

Our biggest weekness is not turning up to play against teams we should easily beat. No amount of talent fixes that. Itā€™s the mindset, of coaches, staff, players, and the entire club. We need to set uncomprising standards and be ruthless in upholding them

6 Likes

Scott, loved the podcast, well done again

Particularly like Robā€™s explanation of why moving the Bag Man to a defensive forward role was so important to our subsequent improvement.

Kinda simple when you thing about

1 Like

Heā€™s big in Germany now.
Hasselhoff big.

Ssssssssssssndn

1 Like

Only watched snippets of Martin but going off very credible scouters who saw him play as a 16/17 year old. I think he is in the wrong program to be blunt and has the potential to elevate his output somewhere else.

Agree on Ridley and Francis needing to be in the team. Spots in defense are incredible tough though with Gleeson back as well.

1 Like

ā€œCould we get Shield AND Settlerfield?ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL, maybe, but what about Shiel and Setterfield?

2 Likes

Cheers Tom

Gumby would have been a star but for his injuries- badly managed by our club

Well done Scott and Grant, really enjoyed listening. Great interview technique too. A couple of brief key questions and let Robert run with it, he doesnā€™t disappoint. You aimed for that and delivered.

3 Likes

Based on what?

Yeh we talked about how we do interviews and realised the audience basically wants to hear from guest only. 4-5 questions and let them tale over. Worked well with Rob

4 Likes

The good questions are also key to the depth of the answer given and what is focused on.

Because your questions show you care and know about the subject, that makes Robert want to give detail because he knows youā€™ll appreciate it.

1 Like

Very good podcast Scott!!!

1 Like

inside information

These podcasts just keep getting better. Love your work, fellas!

1 Like