Essendon has hit rock bottom (free tickets being handed out, NOW)

Essendon v St Kilda at Etihad Stadium
Sun, 10 Jul 2016 at 4:40 PM

The AFL site has hidden the page for now (see comments on page above, the free access to tickets will open 14 June 2016 at 9am).

What have you got to say now, Mr Demetriou?

EDIT: Now available, see https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/253292

This has nothing to do with our situation and is a positive initiative by the AFL.

■■■■ this.

What does it say about the other 13 clubs involved?

Bulldogs were handing out free double passes at footscray station for their round 1 game against freo. Multiple people with big bundles of them. It happens.

They better try hand some out next week as we’re heading for our lowest home game crowd in over 25 years.

I honestly think we’ll be lucky to get more than 12k, which is embarrassing.

They can’t have pick 1 back

They better try hand some out next week as we're heading for our lowest home game crowd in over 25 years.

That’s a final for North

Was that a red and black tarp covering some seating last night?

If they threw in free drinks with those tickets, they might get a crowd.

If they threw in free drinks with those tickets, they might get a crowd.

Leicester city threw out free food and drinks all the time for their season ticket holders.

You can’t polish a turd.

Or maybe move our games to much smaller venues, like Vermont or something.

Have a sausage sizzle, watch the game from your car, beep the horn everytime Tippa gets the ball, that sort of thing.

This has nothing to do with our situation and is a positive initiative by the AFL.

They did the same thing last year. Obviously free entry for kids on Sundays, the ‘incentive’ of free pies and beer prices not rising isn’t enough to entice fans to watch a sub par event…

They did the same thing last year. Obviously free entry for kids on Sundays, the ‘incentive’ of free pies and beer prices not rising isn’t enough to entice fans to watch a sub par event…

Think he was replying to the “what do you have to say now Mr Demetriou”

It is rock bottom, still won’t be going

They better try hand some out next week as we're heading for our lowest home game crowd in over 25 years.

It’s not do much embarrassing as its sad.

I tried it last time and got burnt and didn’t get any. ■■■■ them and ■■■■ the boat they came in on.

Or maybe move our games to much smaller venues, like Vermont or something.

Have a sausage sizzle, watch the game from your car, beep the horn everytime Tippa gets the ball, that sort of thing.

fark yeah! i’d be down for that!

Using tarps to fill in vacant seats is technically rock bottom, we are not that low yet