Essendon in the Media

I only caught a bit of Chappy's post game on SEN, but he let a little "Geelong" slip in when talking about Essendon's close game tendencies and how we're trying to win the close ones even if we don't deserve to win. Spoke about Ryder perception inside the club vs. outside, and how underrated he is.

Good stuff by Chap.
Ryder has had a fantastic year but is so underrated by commentators it's laughable.

I can't think of a better, more versatile ruckman in the competition.

Post Bulldogs Game

Jake C on Grandstand

Paddy Ryder on Grandstand

Robbo on SEN speaking to Harf, a lot of chat on Essendon. 

• Harping on Winderlich to the backline
  • Some callers also speaking about the return of FF, especially with Carlisle plucking everything.
  • Heppell's game after Wallis went off in the last Q.
  • Just generally how the game panned out - with Bomba trying to stretch WB defence after Morris went to Carlisle by moving Hooker/Fletch forward.

Also, more speculation of Fletcher's form on TalkingFooty with Tim Watson Ch.7 @ 7:30 tonight.

Bomba on Monday's 360.

http://youtu.be/CfscL9tHF0Q?t=24m51s

Also I believe Heppell will be on The Footy Show tomorrow (Thursday) night.

have we been in the media recently

What role will James Hird play? That might be tied to what happens with the show-cause notices issued to 34 current and former Essendon players. Hird's suspension ends in August, just before the finals. Much has been said about whether Hird takes a match-day role this year alongside Mark Thompson, and how such a fraught dynamic might work heading into 2015. For all of the talk of Thompson's coaching credentials, it shouldn't be forgotten Hird was in charge of a team in top-four contention for most of 2013.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-23/three-big-questions

Surprisingly even handed commentary from Callum Twomey out of the afl's own website, particularly in that he actually gives Hird credit for his coaching ability

Cal's a Dons man.

have we been in the media recently

Love the true solar advert with bomber and the sandwich.

Can someone download that for me?

Where is ‘Tim watson’s testicles’ to post about the MRI images of Jobe’s on the hanger tonight?

Also, more speculation of Fletcher's form on TalkingFooty with Tim Watson Ch.7 @ 7:30 tonight.

What did he say? 

What did he say? 

TW said is there any room for sentiment? If Fletcher doesn't get to 400 this year, does he deserve a new contract next year. Carey said he was important when he went forward and did some nice things. TW also elaborated on whether Hird wants him playing vs. does Bomba want him. Carey was pretty forgiving on the performance and thought he should play on based on current form. (Obviously referring to past 4-5 games, as opposed to the WB game).

Darcy said there is room for sentiment in the game and he'll get another year

Carey says he'll play again

Watson says he won't and also question Fletcher's ability to endure another pre-season.

I thought Tim was a little pessimistic in his assessment of Fletch. I wonder if he is privvy to Fletch's thinking?

Carey has surprised me on Talking Footy - insightful and concise.  Strikes me as a line coach in waiting, should he wish to go that route.

I thought Tim was a little pessimistic in his assessment of Fletch. I wonder if he is privvy to Fletch's thinking?

maybe he doesent want to look bias about essendon, so saying something like fletch shouldnt play on is easy to do. makes the dropkicks out there think that hes not "brainwashed by the most horrible man in the world James Hird"

....just a theory

Would he really care about that though?

i dont

Anyone watch the footy show last night? What did Hep say?

"Righto Boys! Good onya guys!"

"Righto Boys! Good onya guys!"

"Yeah, nah, for sure!"