ESSENDON is the most popular club in the AFL

Strange proxy to use jumper sales to indicate levels of popularity.... Are those figures from Rebel stores only?

That's right. So it doesn't include sales from the Bomber Shop, or Collingwoods online store.

I think Collingwood own "Star Athletic" who makes the Pies guernseys, and I know they had a deal where you could get a 3 game m'ship and a guernsey for $100, so it wouldnt include those numbers/sales either.

Went through basically every footy club shop. surprisingly few are competitively priced. only 4 clubs sell their guernseys for under the $100 mark. Bombers, Hawks, Crows and the Lions. Strangely, the Lions are by far the cheapest selling their Guernseys for $60 each. maybe overstocked or just trying desperately to turn a profit at all costs.

Changing apparel manufacturers, more likely.

Adelaide is going to BLK, who do Brisbane's jumpers.

Most likely Brisbane is swapping from BLK to someone else.

Strange proxy to use jumper sales to indicate levels of popularity.... Are those figures from Rebel stores only?

That's right. So it doesn't include sales from the Bomber Shop, or Collingwoods online store.

I think Collingwood own "Star Athletic" who makes the Pies guernseys, and I know they had a deal where you could get a 3 game m'ship and a guernsey for $100, so it wouldnt include those numbers/sales either.

Collingwood and The Promotions Factory are in partnership to make Star Athletic.

They make their jumpers for about $20 each, and sell them with a set of steak knives.

There are essentially three retailers of replica footy jumpers.

The AFL stores, Rebel and the clubs.

Then there's the Sekem replicas, which don't have the sponsor logos.

Went through basically every footy club shop. surprisingly few are competitively priced. only 4 clubs sell their guernseys for under the $100 mark. Bombers, Hawks, Crows and the Lions. Strangely, the Lions are by far the cheapest selling their Guernseys for $60 each. maybe overstocked or just trying desperately to turn a profit at all costs.

Changing apparel manufacturers, more likely.

Adelaide is going to BLK, who do Brisbane's jumpers.

Most likely Brisbane is swapping from BLK to someone else.

Can confirm Adelaide won't be with Puma after this year.

Another factor is that the guernseys evolve over the years and sponsors change too. A really new looking guernsey might get huge sales the first year but then no one feels the need to get a new one if there are only minor changes.

If Brissy are getting a new guernsey from a new manufacturer you can bet it will be significantly different, and who would want to buy their current one? Only 1 more match this year, no finals, and it represents some of the worst years in the clubs history. (like my '3 mobile' EFC guernsey).

Collingwood and The Promotions Factory are in partnership to make Star Athletic.

They make their jumpers for about $20 each, and sell them with a set of steak knives.

And the ones you get in Bali. Got one for my 2yo, had the sponsors but clearly a rip off.

Brisbane are going back to the old style lion on their jumper in 2015, regardless of who makes them.

And the ones you get in Bali. Got one for my 2yo, had the sponsors but clearly a rip off.

LOL, not sure if the AFL are ever going to get sales figures on those.

Shame it doesn't translate to home attendances....

This.
It's disappointing knowing we have 60k+ members and only half turned up to yesterday's game. Was a perfect time with beautiful weather. Should be getting 40k when the visitors are interstate teams.
Hopefully we can rectify this in 2015.

noone likes saturday arvo games........ haha

I believe it may be the case that alot of people are willing to support the club(membership) but not support the league (attendances)

A lot of local leagues started their finals on Saturday. Wewould have had 2 more there if my son hadn't been playing in his.

Brisbane are going back to the old style lion on their jumper in 2015, regardless of who makes them.

good move. the current one is atrocious

Shame it doesn't translate to home attendances....

This.
It's disappointing knowing we have 60k+ members and only half turned up to yesterday's game. Was a perfect time with beautiful weather. Should be getting 40k when the visitors are interstate teams.
Hopefully we can rectify this in 2015.

noone likes saturday arvo games........ haha

I believe it may be the case that alot of people are willing to support the club(membership) but not support the league (attendances)

A lot of local leagues started their finals on Saturday. Wewould have had 2 more there if my son hadn't been playing in his.

Had it been a Suns home game I would have been there with at least 2 others  

Those home attendance figures are quite surprising.

Essendon look pretty well positioned top that list in the next few years.

Adelaide 48354 (up 15k)

Collingwood 47912 (down 7k)

Essendon 45067 (down 2k)

Port 44364 (up 17k!!!)

Richmond 43195 (down 7k)

*****on 37690 (down 6k)

Hawthorn 36572 (down 2k)

Freo 35703 (up 1k)

From 2013 numbers

I'm only ever going to say this once, but jeez Adelaide is actually pulling the rest of us along.

I'm only ever going to say this once, but jeez Adelaide is actually pulling the rest of us along.

This is purely the Adelaide Oval factor. It's a pretty much once off effect, people didn't like going to the old Football Park shithole. I doubt that the Adelaide teams are suddenly that much more attractive to the South Australians.

This is purely the Adelaide Oval factor. It's a pretty much once off effect, people didn't like going to the old Football Park shithole. I doubt that the Adelaide teams are suddenly that much more attractive to the South Australians.

Yeah, people were just keen to see the 'new' stadium.

I even went to a league game at AAMI Park in Melbourne just to check out the new stadium when it opened.

It really sh1ts me when people complain about members Not attending games. I lived in Adelaide for a number of years and maintained my Membership. I went to one or two Melb games each year, usually when there on business.

Get Over It!

At least they are supporting the club.

This goes for non-members too. The more people supporting the Bombers the better, no matter how they show that support.

GO BOMBERS!

I got a collingwood fan to buy a 3 game membership when he told the essendon salesperson he was a collingwood fan sympathetic to our cause the salesperson was gobsmacked.

The pie fan knew vlad was a bully.