Essendon Membership Campaign 2015

What would you like to see as our membership campaign in 2015?

I think "Don The Sash" with all the players was an excellent slogan to unite the club and it's supporters in 2014.

For 2015 I'd like to see the club reach out the olive branch to Kevin Sheedy and bring together Sheeds, Hird, Bomba, TD, and Ken Fraser as the surviving Premiership captains and coaches as well as Jobe, to show the links between history and legacy of success the club and the current team.

All of us supporters who have stuck with the club through the trauma and negativity of the last 2 years need something to make us smile and stoke fires of passion burning within all Essendon supporters.

I can't think of anything better than seeing the leaders of our past glories to inspire new or wavering members to sign up in 2015

A reply to: @Barnz regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @riley13 regarding QuoteLink
Renewed, home and away flexi the winner

its great value this year isn’t it? much better compared to bronze basic considering seats aren’t much better…

Thats what I figured, I’ve had 11 game flexi’s the last two years, but for probably 8 games a year I still had to turn up and pay $10 or so at the gate to get a seat at Etihad so the new GA makes a big difference. Should be good for our crowds as well.

Hoping that regardless of potential crowds I can still scan in for every game without paying any more and if GA is full and just stand but not sure how that will work.

might have to get there a touch earlier i’d imagine.

Yep dare say so

its great value this year isn’t it? much better compared to bronze basic considering seats aren’t much better…

Thats what I figured, I’ve had 11 game flexi’s the last two years, but for probably 8 games a year I still had to turn up and pay $10 or so at the gate to get a seat at Etihad so the new GA makes a big difference. Should be good for our crowds as well.

Hoping that regardless of potential crowds I can still scan in for every game without paying any more and if GA is full and just stand but not sure how that will work.

might have to get there a touch earlier i’d imagine.

Big THANK YOU to the club and to Jake Melksham for the handwritten New Years card to Humbertiño from Jake. My son wears the #17 with pride, even (slightly bizarrely) to the point of backing up to the fence when Jake’s nearby so he can be inspired by the support.

Seems the card was an extra thank you (they’d already shown us around the club and introduced us to a bunch of players) for our buying an extra membership for a Bomber family. This club is awesome.

A reply to: @evs regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post
Membership package on the Way! Also have a two week old Son who I Named "Fletcher" He's onboard too!

At the Christmas training session, I overheard a mother call out to her young son “Ryder”. Ouch. It’s a dangerous game you’re playing. Especially with Fletch just coming into the peak of his career - he is a definite trade target for other clubs.

Gold.

Quoted Post

Membership package on the Way! Also have a two week old Son who I Named "Fletcher" He's onboard too!

At the Christmas training session, I overheard a mother call out to her young son “Ryder”. Ouch. It’s a dangerous game you’re playing. Especially with Fletch just coming into the peak of his career - he is a definite trade target for other clubs.

On 05/01/14 we were 39,800. Therefore, I estimate by 12/01/14 we were probably 41,000?? Therefore, i estimate we are approx -1,500 Vs this time a year ago.

Wonder how many we’d have if we were at the G…

A reply to: @westozziebomber regarding QuoteLink

Changing to a 3 game flexi membership so i can get pre sale to anzac day. I normally come over 2-3 times a year anyway so il use up the other 2 GA entries and if i dont, someone here can use my membership to go to a home game if they like

Thinking of doing the same (from Sydney)

the flexi 3 game looks a much better package than the national membership.

Appears to be basically the same for half the price. (can then contribute to Flight plan)

Have I miss read this, are there any down sides to the 3 game flexi

A reply to: @karmabomber regarding QuoteLink

I see that as at this morning we have a little over 39k in members. Does anyone know how this compares with the same time last year?

Was 600 behind, last week.

Most years, it would seem that the longer you hold out buying a membership the more value you get.

I understand the clubs reasoning, like any product that depreciates you discount it to keep sales alive.

It can be frustrating to do the right thing by the club and sign up early, and then see them giving free guernsey’s (or whatever) to stragglers.

I’m really keen to see Hird coach us in round 1 before I renew my membership, which I told the club in their recent survey, I don’t trust how they will treat Hird (court results pending). Will I renew if Hird is sacked? Deep down I think I probably will anyway, which means it will be seen as rewarding them for sacking him… I’m still reconciling how I feel about all this!

I would like to participate in the members pre-sale though, as tickets sold in the weeks before their respective rounds are usually the last couple of rows in the stadium.

I see that as at this morning we have a little over 39k in members.
Does anyone know how this compares with the same time last year?

I got some marinade on my Bombers 2015 Member BBQ apron - great idea by the club to include something as useful as this
Not gonna wash it til the 17th flag

I’m moving to Fark Brisbane.

Do members get decent seats, or is GA better? Does the club put on any player appearances?

I’m thinking if doing the National membership, get the Lions game, ANZAC day presale (upgrade from GA) and one other melbourne game as GA.

Anyone know if Essendon, or any other club for that matter, is attempting to engage the large Asian community base as members and/or sponsors?

The Chinese community is rapidly growing and that’s where the money is, both here and back in the good old PRC.

And the sub-continent element could provide call centre expertise to push the Club’s membership and marketing agendas.

What is with people crying that membership is low.. The membership team does not have unlimited resources and/or is magic. They can only process a certain amount a day. The numbers will continue to climb at a steady rate.

True. But I walked by that membership line on Sunday and man it was long. Agree with DJR that a lot of this is last minute-ism and agree with John that the membership team aren’t miracle workers, but wonder if we couldn’t have volunteers chip in on these occasions (first home game at the G and first home game at Etihad).

Two big wins in the next two rounds and everyone is going to want to see a few games this year. I reckon 65k is easily doable.