Essendon Memorabilia

I know the showing off Is hijacking the thread , but it’s great seeing what’s out there. I love memorabilia and was a mad collector. I might put up what I’ve got (not for sale).

I’ve sold a lot , I had a nice Hird / Wanganeen and Jobe pic from brownlow night I had framed. Sold it out of the 3 of them giving me some heart break… kinda regret it now.

I’ll have to dig up a pic of it … any hoo , what I have left over is this… I kept a lot from memories as a kid getting signatures.

5 Likes

Picked this jacket up recently, noticed someone wearing one in the crowd on Friday night. Would love to get my hands on one of the jackets from 93.

7 Likes

This was just handed to me. Contents still inside!

8 Likes

It was thirty years ago today …

… that this photo was taken.

This piece is a 1 of 1 and has no certificate of authenticity, but that doesn’t matter - I would never sell it.

I purchased this from @Mero many moons ago and had it reframed. Mero’s father was the property steward at Essendon for many years back when we used to win premierships. It was he who saw the opportunity to get all 4 Daniher brother’s signatures in the order that they were sitting in the photo. (I say signatures and not autographs as they are signed with a pen, and all are legible.)

The photo differs from others of this moment as it is taken from directly in front of them, and unlike most press photos of the day, is in colour.

The cartoon is by the famous Jeff Hook of the Sun. For those too young, Jeff always included a fishing hook somewhere in his cartoon, and this one is no exception.

I have quite a bit of Essendon Memorabilia, but Mrs BMcV isn’t as enthusiastic as me about displaying it. This, however, sits proudly on my wall. I was at the game and it reminds me every day of the enormous sense of pride I felt when all four Danihers ran out together on the first day of spring, 1990.

For all of this, I thank Jim and Edna Daniher, Kevin Sheedy, and Graeme Meredith.

Oh, and @Mero!

18 Likes

11 Likes

Has this one been sold mate ?

Think my dad has a 1984 3aw 45rpm, but that looks like a cracker

Still got the cassette of the Coodabeen Champions’ simulcast of the 1984 Grand Final, among other Coodabeens’ tapes from the 80s.

Old record of bombers club song and history .Its a 45 size record but only a 33 1/3 rpm. Must be about 1964 /5 I reckon. Too long ago for me to remember.

7 Likes

Going through a cleanup and found this. Signed by Hird as well.

12 Likes

Anyone got one of those IN HIRD WE TRUST shirts that were going around at the time?

If anyone has a Stand by Hird poster that needs another home - I’d gladly provide it.

I will double check and see if I have a spare.

1 Like

Nice… “somewhere “ as in - put away in garage or spare room and not sighted for awhile? Most of us have stuff “somewhere”.

Thanks heaps, if you.

thought you all might find these interesting, i come from a family of dons hoarders!

19 Likes

A co-worker sent me this pic of a letter that was sent to her father.
The dreaded did a knee but couldabeen anything story.

I thought others might appreciate seeing the letter that by rights should have gone to them.

13 Likes

Do you know who was the holder of that 1948 pass? They would have gone to two grand finals and cracked it after the second one.

1 Like

A mate of mine did two preseasons with them around the same time. Still pulling out fascinating Sheeds stories. He was a lifelong Bombers fan- said it was surreal to be running around with bona fide legends.

I hope the club does something like this for the 150th next year.

Port Adelaide Archives Collection lands in-store

The limited-edition Archives Collection gives members and supporters rare insight into the club’s storied history.

By Loukas Founten on Feb 5, 2021, 11:20am

THE PORT ADELAIDE Football Club has an enviable and unrivalled history of success, and members and supporters can now own their own piece of that history.

The Port Adelaide Football Club Archives Collection limited edition piece has arrived in store at the Port Store, with a limited number remaining after unprecedented pre-sales.

Pre-sales of the limited-edition Archives Collection passed the 1000 mark to surpass the orders taken for similar commemorative books produced by English Premier League giants Liverpool and Arsenal and AFL counterparts Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Melbourne and Richmond.

The limited-edition Archives Collection gives members and supporters rare insight into the club’s storied history, as the Port Adelaide Football Club History Committee, along with key staff, worked tirelessly to put together a piece that encapsulates every element of the club’s rich past.

The collection gives never before seen access to the moments in time that made Port Adelaide Australia’s most decorated football club and includes rare photographs, profiles of star players from the club’s 150-year history, and unseen lift out memorabilia including replica player medals, premiership cards, Fos Williams’ coaching notes and so much more.

While the impact of COVID-19 meant there was a delay with the arrival of the collection, those who pre-ordered have started receiving their copies and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

Limited copies are now available in store at the Port Store, Alberton and will be available at the club’s online store from next week.

Copies retail at $220 for members or $240 for non-members, and Port Store staff are available to take orders over the phone.

Contact (08) 8447 9911 or visit the Port Store at Alberton Oval between 10am-4pm Monday to Friday or 10am-3pm on Saturday to get your hands on this once-in-a-lifetime collector’s item.

We’ve produced one?