Essendon season preview - Me? I Like Football

Frank the Tanking? What is that about, doesn’t make sense.
Also the poor attempt at prose with the introduction to Hird as coach. ■■■■■■ terrible sentence, needs punctuating.
Not my best 22, not that it matters. Disregards Bellchambers injury completely. There are quite a few holes here, guilt
by omission. Take it back to the author and tell them to fix it up. As for the suspensions? Pffft!

Poos and wees didn’t get my click.
As @Deckham so eloquently put it, GAGF!

May your website be as successful as Brad Sewell’s 2009 finals campaign

So the writer doesn’t follow the sport or care enough to research, but he also doesn’t understand the significant difference in a whole year in averages across 22 players? (Which he has chosen incorrectly)

That’s just basic math. What an idiot.

Quoted Post

Poos and wees didn't get my click. As @Deckham so eloquently put it, GAGF!

Your clicks are safe. Don’t worry.

Quoted Post

FWIW, not my writing - just my site. :)

I’d certainly have had Myers in the best 22, probably would have Howlett up forward rather than down back, and I’m not sure if Giles will be best 22 with your set up - depends if you want Daniher/Carlisle rucking at all if you can avoid it.

Frankly, if this is the sort of stuff you get people to post on your site, you can go shove your site firmly up a place that very few sites have gone before.

You say that you’re focusing on the onfield side of things, but then your your preview continually harps on the ASADA stuff and your predictions obviously assume that players will get suspended. The bloke you have writing the preview is both talks about how uninformed he was about EFC before having to do some basic research in order to write the preview, and obviously is hostile to the club as well.

If this is the sort of quality we can expect from your ‘new site’, then I don’t expect it to last long enough to become an old site.

Tip for the writer.

1. Plagiarise the fans websites to get the best 22 from the fans, then do your swat analysis on ages, depth, 2014 ladder finish and players preseason form and do the comparison with the other clubs. The best 22 you list is not what you would find here, particularly the “positions” where about 8 of the players actually play normally.
  2. I know in AFL land its fashionable to make jokes about how James Hird has syringes in his eyeballs etc etc , but you have to make up your mind whether you are writing a serious assessment or taking an opportunity to take a cheap shot.
    So I will assume you are taking the cheap shots in that area to appease a wider readership.
  3. There are 18 clubs and most of the supporters of 17 clubs, believe the players are guilty and expect the team to be wiped out by the tribunal. This may happen. Seems like your reviewers expect it also.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
When has Bellchambers ever been anything but back up? He's younger and not as good as Paddy. Of course he's been the understudy.

Actually just read the bits on Hurley (most consistent season he’s had, end of story) and Zerrett (11 touches in his first quarter of AFL footy, and playing all but 3 games of your first year in a finals side is a “slow start”?)

"
Daniher, Jake Carlisle and Zach Merrett "
And Melks and Ambrose, too.
Couple of other youngies either started or finished the year in the 22 but 16 games is a fair enough cut off point. We gave a lot of youngsters a taste but not many of them lasted the year.

Whoever wrote this is guessing a bit too much.
Please, please watch a few matches before asking for anyone to kiss your ■■■■. Red and black strip, play every week, Channel 7 or Fox, weird shaped ball. Can’t miss us.

This is who wrote it.

So, the “Hitman” is actually basically a “Trollman”

They’re two different people.

Fk off

Quoted Post

They're two different people.

Yep understood. Hitman takes Moccas article and trolls it onto our site, just so he can say we will finish in the bottom 4 .
Thats no news. Most posters on big Footy opine that we will finish 14-18th. Truth is, that could happen. Dont you agree?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
They're two different people.

Yep understood. Hitman takes Moccas article and trolls it onto our site, just so he can say we will finish in the bottom 4 .
Thats no news. Most posters on big Footy opine that we will finish 14-18th. Truth is, that could happen. Dont you agree?

Ain’t gonna happen.

Hes obviously an afl plant

Idea: Nick off.

This discussion is going well for hit man…

get real 14th to 18th Wtf!?

Unlike most here I’m not overly offended by anything in that article. Some inaccuracies in team selection, which have already been pointed out, but I think the article probably accurately reflects what the average punter thinks of us, and in turn expects for the coming season. If the players are cleared, which I expect will be the case, top 4 is a real possibility. No, make that a probablity. However, if suspensions are handed down, where we finish will depend largely in the number of players affected and the number of games missed - that much is bleedingly obvious. And that could well be 14th to 18th. But if I were a betting man my money would be on a top 4 finish being more likely.

Players cleared.
Top 4.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
FWIW, not my writing - just my site. :)

I’d certainly have had Myers in the best 22, probably would have Howlett up forward rather than down back, and I’m not sure if Giles will be best 22 with your set up - depends if you want Daniher/Carlisle rucking at all if you can avoid it.

Frankly, if this is the sort of stuff you get people to post on your site, you can go shove your site firmly up a place that very few sites have gone before.

You say that you’re focusing on the onfield side of things, but then your your preview continually harps on the ASADA stuff and your predictions obviously assume that players will get suspended. The bloke you have writing the preview is both talks about how uninformed he was about EFC before having to do some basic research in order to write the preview, and obviously is hostile to the club as well.

If this is the sort of quality we can expect from your ‘new site’, then I don’t expect it to last long enough to become an old site.

In that case he’ll be more than happy to continue writing crap like this

My hatred towards the Essendon Football Club stretches back to before I was born. I was born in February of 1985, but as a six-year-old I was given a tape of the 1984 grand final by my smirking Bomber-supporting neighbour.