Essendon v Melbourne - ANZAC Day 1992 comeback

Thanks very much for posting this video smooth.

Always remember listening to this game on 6NR in Perth (thanks for mentioning it about 37 times during the qtr Teddy)

but never getting to see any footage of it.

Funny how time dulls the memory as I always thought that Wanganeen ran amok in the last term but apart from the

match winning goal didn't really do too much. He obviously did most of his good work in the first three qtrs with his 8 or 9

tackles and 4 scoring shots up until the last qtr.

Didn't realise that the Fish had such a huge impact in the last qtr with those big grabs and 4 goals to finish with 7 for the

match. Always loved the big guy but couldn't help but feel a little sad whilst watching that video of the manner he departed

the club only three seasons later. He deserved much better from the fans at that time.

Peter Sommerville had his detractors but geez he could be excellent at times especially at big moments like midway through

that qtr with that huge clunk on the HHF and then the pass to set up a goal. He and Salmon were a pretty handy ruck combo

back in those days. Funny how they both looked like they moved like dinosaurs but were actually quite athletic and could get

around the ground and be important in that area. Salmon was also very good below his knees at ground level too.

Ahhh yes...fun days indeed.

Funny how time dulls the memory as I always thought that Wanganeen ran amok in the last term but apart from the match winning goal didn't really do too much. He obviously did most of his good work in the first three qtrs with his 8 or 9 tackles and 4 scoring shots up until the last qtr.

The real contrast was that he twice earned holding the ball frees in the second quarter from the same distance (but the other side), and both times his kick fell short. Hence the “NO” on whether he could make it this last time.

FWIW, it took him till game 95 in 1995 to score more than he did in this game, so let‘s appreciate his 15 points in a game like this!

I was there that day. Interesting that in my mind, Derek took his mark running into the behind post, not the goal post.

And i dont recall Considine possessing Greg Williams’ handball vision, but ■■■■■■ hell some of those were inspired!

eat all our balls garry lyon

eat all our balls garry lyon

Yeah, every time I watch that I get a shock when he actually gets a touch 25 minutes in.

kickett and long "the two coloured boys" dominating.

I still think of kickett as part of the flag side.

The video doesn’t work for me, but I remember the game. I was at Luna Park with a bunch of ten-year-olds and a transistor radio. The kids are lucky to have survived, as I paid les and less attention to them as the game got to the end. I think I shoved them all into the Rotor for the last few minutes.

Was my 10th birthday party and we were at McDonalds. Dad spent most of it in car and I was going in and out of the car to check the scores. When we were down by 41 at 3/4 time I stopped going in. Party wound up and we drove back to my house (dad was in another car) when we got out, 5 minutes later we popped up “where’s dad?”. Went to the car and he was still there and I was like “why you still listening to that for?” He says we are in front!!! Ended up listening to the last couple of minutes.

Stupid birthdays! That’s why I go to the footy every year now

I went by myself, which I don’t generally do. I left mid way through the third. Suffice to say I have never left a game early since.

I was there - still one of my favourite football memories. In fact that year was very enjoyable. We’d always get to the ground early to watch the reserves who ended up winning the reserves flag with a collection of old timers at the end of their careers and some kids who could really play. It was exciting to watch those kids come into the seniors as the year progressed and do well. Although quite the optimist, I never thought we’d win the flag the following year though.